Hummus Flavors

Options

Replies

• tmarie2715
    tmarie2715 Posts: 1,111 Member
    Options
    Ok, so I bought hummus because I see some of my MFP pals eating it. I totally should've asked this question before shopping because the Roasted Garlic flavor was NOT a wise choice :sick: My breathe is now stinky and I'm suffering through this awful after taste :frown:

If you're a fan of hummus, what are they tasty flavors?

Did you buy the red lid Sabra hummus? Every one of their flavors is disgusting. Trader Joes makes an awesome roasted garlic hummus. Their original is also yummy, but for lowest cals try tomato basil hummus dip.

I really like Emerald Valley Organics hummus, too.
  • missjaiy
    missjaiy Posts: 58
    Options
    Thank you all so much for the recommendations! I bought the Athenos brand. Next time I'll give Sabra a try...
  • ashleypietz
    ashleypietz Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    I recently bought an edamame hummus and a white bean hummus. Both are very good and have slightly different flavor than traditional.
  • missjaiy
    missjaiy Posts: 58
    Options
    Did you buy the red lid Sabra hummus? Every one of their flavors is disgusting. Trader Joes makes an awesome roasted garlic hummus. Their original is also yummy, but for lowest cals try tomato basil hummus dip.

Tomato Basil Hummus sounds tasty....hmmmm
  • carlynishere
    carlynishere Posts: 330 Member
    Options
    ROASTED RED PEPPER!!!!!!!!!!! My absolute fav is Cedar's Brand Roasted Red Pepper, yummmmmmm-o! With Stacy's Simply Naked Bagel Chips!

Mine too! With Townhouse Italin Herb Flatbread Crackers!!
  • Kristierlong
    Kristierlong Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    Sabras Supremely Spicy is so good!
  • emmalene1984
    emmalene1984 Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    plain hummus is delicious but recently i discovered caramelised onion flavour from tesco, OMG AMAZING!!! definitely recommend it. however, its not the lowest of calorie options for snacks etc, altho it is pretty healthy. everything in moderation as the saying goes :-) x
  • BeckyJill7
    BeckyJill7 Posts: 547 Member
    Options
    Roasted Red Pepper is by far my favorite! I've tried the garlic before and I hated it. But I eat the red pepper one almost daily. The Sabra Red Pepper is the best!

Yes- this!
  • crummywatertowr
    crummywatertowr Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    I make my own and flavor it with what ever I have handy....real easy to make with a processor or blender
  • methetree
    methetree Posts: 381
    Options
    I love all hummus! So delicious.
    Sabra makes one that has olives in it and it's my most fave!

The garlic one is awesome as long as you don't plan on kissing anyone LOL
  • baisleac
    baisleac Posts: 2,019 Member
    Options
    I make my own. My favorites are Garam Masala and garlic (substituiting half the olive oil wth lemon juice) & Lemon Cilantro (replacing all of the olive oil with lemon juice).
  • amandac424
    amandac424 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    The roasted red pepper hummus from Target..YUM!
  • eveunderground
    eveunderground Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    Sabras Supremely Spicy is so good!
    I second this!
  • tuffytuffy1
    tuffytuffy1 Posts: 920 Member
    Options
    I make my own, it is insanely easy:

1 can garbanzo beans (chick peas)
    Juice of 1 lemon
    2 tablespoons tahini (sesame paste)
    Garlic (as much as you like, I heap it in there, lol)

Add all ingredients to food processor. Add in enough water to get the consistency you like. Voila!

This is much healthier than the store-brands, it has no oil so has much fewer calories.
  • vdavis_89
    vdavis_89 Posts: 334
    Options
    I bought a spircy three pepper one from Athenos and its prety good :) I used in it place of mayo and mustard on a wrap i made. It was pretty good .
  • ImperfektAngel
    ImperfektAngel Posts: 811 Member
    Options
    All the ones I've had, have had a very strong garlic taste to them, most must include it
  • LisaCFSF
    LisaCFSF Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    Pretty much all of them. But, if you're new to hummus, the 'original' in a lot of the brands is quite good. red pepper is yummy as well.

Yep, and the only one I really like is Wal-Mart's Marketfresh roasted red pepper hummus. Stacy's Simply Naked Pita Chips or Triscuit's Thin Crisps Quattro Formaggio are both good with it also.
  • joyfulmommaof2
    joyfulmommaof2 Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    I love the trader joes cilantro and jalepeno hummus... and I eat it with the middle eastern flat bread! So yummy!
  • ImperfektAngel
    ImperfektAngel Posts: 811 Member
    Options
    I love the trader joes cilantro and jalepeno hummus... and I eat it with the middle eastern flat bread! So yummy!

I had this one the other day, very yummy indeed! but had a bit too much salt for my liking
  • Rilke
    Rilke Posts: 1,201 Member
    Options
    I am not a fan of Sabra. The texture is weird and they use soybean oil, which has no place in hummus. (Though I just found out they make a lemon hummus, so I MIGHT have to try it.) You are in Atlanta, so please, get thee to a Trader Joe's. Their Mediterranean hummus is like crack. I also like their Tomato & Basil that someone else mentioned.