Starting over... AGAIN!

Options
Ughhh why do we do it to our selves. We know it sucks starting over. I fell off bad.. probably gained about 20lbs. Scared to get on the scale to check lol. Please follow/friend me. Motivation and positivity needed!!

Replies

• AJbandit88
    AJbandit88 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    I think everyone at some point gains some weight back and falls off on workouts. I know I have before. The important thing is to find what motivates you and get going again. It's never to late to start again.
  • jrkessle
    jrkessle Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I lost 60 pounds 4 years ago, and have since gained it all (plus 5 pounds) back. I'm now down 5 pounds so far in the last 10 days, and motivated to lose the weight again. It happens to the best of us! You can do it!!!
  • lfcjohn
    lfcjohn Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I have few rollercoaster experience, the 1st thing to do is step on the scale to know you can't gain more than start a plan!!
  • SophMadsMom
    SophMadsMom Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I'm in the same boat. I had done good a couple years ago. I need to get some energy back.
  • RyanSapp
    RyanSapp Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    It happens to the best of us. Just have to find that motivation and use it to drive forward!! Good luck and can't wait to hear about your achievements!!:)
  • kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    Options
    Some people get hooked on dieting, and switching to maintenance where you basically do the same as when losing weight, with seemingly no payoff, can be distressing. It's easy to go back to the old normal and gain the old weight. You need to find a new normal if you want to keep the new weight.
  • michellesz
    michellesz Posts: 428 Member
    Options
    Get up and brush yourself off~lol. It's a lifestyle, not a diet and when the scale gets to creeping, we have to know and understand how to pull in the reigns. Happy to motivate and support. Besides I have family in Staten Island. Good people...lol
  • brenn24179
    brenn24179 Posts: 2,144 Member
    Options
    I lost 40 gained 15 back one winter, miserable feeling. Had to get back on track, you can do it. I did learn if I mess up one day don't give up, start again. I know I will always have this problem, ick but logging works.
  • tbrain1989
    tbrain1989 Posts: 280 Member
    Options
    it seems to be a very common scenario and its not one to get you down. ive reached my target weight twice and put the same if not more weight back on twice. Im back throwing caution to the wind. I always feel like i can stop using MFP once i reach my target, this time ive decided im using it forever.
  • andy_from_mn
    andy_from_mn Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Ughhh why do we do it to our selves. We know it sucks starting over. I fell off bad.. probably gained about 20lbs. Scared to get on the scale to check lol. Please follow/friend me. Motivation and positivity needed!!

I've fallen and re-started so many times -- it's silly. But remember, fall 7 times, get up 8. Add me!

• joaniebalonie088
    joaniebalonie088 Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    I have been through it a few times also! Gotta echo the comments made by @Spliner1969

This time around doesn't suck nearly so bad because I am not rushing things, and I am allowing myself to eat things I like.

I skip the cupcakes in the break room or the pizza lunch because I know I have a yummy dinner planned (even if it isn't "clean" or "healthy" every time) and it's all guilt-free :)
  • Spliner1969
    Spliner1969 Posts: 3,233 Member
    Options
    I skip the cupcakes in the break room or the pizza lunch because I know I have a yummy dinner planned (even if it isn't "clean" or "healthy" every time) and it's all guilt-free :)

Break rooms are the devil aren't they?! I succumb to the treats from time to time, but I log it, adjust and go on. If it's something homemade (and it ususally is) I have to guess-timate on my log but still, I log it, get as close as I can and go on. Days when I can resist it completely are a win though.
  • Candy406Marie
    Candy406Marie Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I juiced Tuesday and then ate like 3000 cals Wednesday. :( #EpicFAIL #CoworkerBirthdayParty
    I too am starting over.... again.
    Everyday is a challenge to be better and improve rather that relapsing and overindulging.
    #PreachingToTheChoir
  • fairlessleader1
    fairlessleader1 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I just starting back and I beat myself up every time. I'm currently home with my 13mth old and out of a job since november cause the business closed .I'm so accustom to be so active at work so when it closed and im home i gain back a lot of weight. So fresh start again. I hope I Dont disappoint myself again
  • kaizaku
    kaizaku Posts: 1,039 Member
    Options
    Feel free to send request ☺