Trying To Increase - Worried about weight gain

Options
2»

Replies

• TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    sardelsa wrote: »
    I am aware this is very low. I was actually diagnosed with anorexia when I was 16. I am 24 now. This is a lot better than what it was. I am just trying to figure out how to add calories without packing on the pounds.

Were you or are you currently working with a treatment team?

I was. Now I am trying to work with my Camp Gladiator trainer and team

are you being honest about how little you are eating?

Yes. If I eat anything more than this, it is usually extra celery or cucumbers

I think the poster meant are you being honest with your coach and team. Are they aware of your intake?

I have told them I struggle to get enough, yes.

and they're happy for you to participate in training sessions?

to be honest that's irresponsible on their part and irresponsible of you to keep exercising when you're know you're not fueling your body sufficiently.

please see a doctor and get some help.
  • singingflutelady
    singingflutelady Posts: 8,736 Member
    Options
    Well to be honest struggling to get enough is pretty vague. There's a big difference between eating 1200 or whatever the calorie goal is and eating 700
  • Nicklebee93
    Nicklebee93 Posts: 316 Member
    Options
    Even at 1200 calories and your total weight/height/activity level you'd still be LOSING weight. Before you add more vigorous activity you need to get more help.
  • mitch16
    mitch16 Posts: 2,113 Member
    Options
    sardelsa wrote: »
    I am aware this is very low. I was actually diagnosed with anorexia when I was 16. I am 24 now. This is a lot better than what it was. I am just trying to figure out how to add calories without packing on the pounds.

Were you or are you currently working with a treatment team?

I was. Now I am trying to work with my Camp Gladiator trainer and team

are you being honest about how little you are eating?

Yes. If I eat anything more than this, it is usually extra celery or cucumbers

I think the poster meant are you being honest with your coach and team. Are they aware of your intake?

I have told them I struggle to get enough, yes.

Have you been honest with them about your history of eating disorders????

Seriously. Check in with your treatment team--they know far more about your nutrition and mental state than some glorified trainers.
  • rileysowner
    rileysowner Posts: 8,151 Member
    Options
    You are eating far FAR too little, this is who should be eating 500 calories a day http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/518970-who-should-eat-500-calories-a-day?hl=who+should+eat+500+calories

As others have stated, even 1200 is far too low. If you have this much fear of weight, I would suggest talking to a professional about it as you are setting yourself up for long term health issues due to malnutrition.
  • AliceDark
    AliceDark Posts: 3,886 Member
    Options
    This is a red flag that your disorder may be waking up. Rationally, I think you know that adding more calories won't make you pack on the pounds, and would likely be very beneficial in terms of your training and athletic goals. The irrational voice that is telling you that more calories will make you balloon out of control is the ED voice, and it doesn't want you to be healthy or excel in your training. It's time to go see someone before it gets worse.

• fitmom4lifemfp
    fitmom4lifemfp Posts: 1,575 Member
    Options
    OP, you actually have a healthy weight for your height. And your BMI is 20, which is really fine. I have a hard time understanding how you can maintain that weight on just 700 calories a day. You must be consuming more than you think you are.
  • haleyhawkins
    haleyhawkins Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    OP, you actually have a healthy weight for your height. And your BMI is 20, which is really fine. I have a hard time understanding how you can maintain that weight on just 700 calories a day. You must be consuming more than you think you are.

I don't know where. This is what I eat. If there is anything extra, it's all raw veggies
  • AliceDark
    AliceDark Posts: 3,886 Member
    Options

Probably not the best thing to say to someone with a history of anorexia who is trying to up her calories to a healthy level and is already having some anxiety about it. OP, this isn't anything you need to be worried about.
  • fitmom4lifemfp
    Options
    AliceDark wrote: »
    Probably not the best thing to say to someone with a history of anorexia who is trying to up her calories to a healthy level and is already having some anxiety about it. OP, this isn't anything you need to be worried about.

Pretty sure that an accurate tracking of calories would show that she is consuming more than the 700 she stated. Which is a GOOD thing. I wasn't being negative, in fact I THOUGHT I was being positive.
  • fitmom4lifemfp
    Options

I don't know where. This is what I eat. If there is anything extra, it's all raw veggies

Looking at your first post, I see you have Honeycrisp Applr Slices, 6 slices = 35 calories.
    Well, one medium apple is about 110 -120 calories, I think. Are these super thin slices?
    I would suggest slicing up that apple and eating ALL the slices.