One month with out junk food and .... surprisingly I'm still breathing

2»

Replies

• kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,886 Member
    edited February 2017
    Congrats on this goal if giving up junk food is what you strive to live with, however i like my junk food lol

I like junk food too but for me it is so lacking in satiety that I'd have to eat minuscule amounts of it in order to stay in a calorie deficit. Also, after I stopped eating it for a while my taste buds changed and when I did eat various junk foods I found them too salty, sweet, or artificial-tasting.
  • Packerjohn
    Packerjohn Posts: 4,855 Member
    Packerjohn wrote: »
    Congrats on this goal if giving up junk food is what you strive to live with, however i like my junk food lol

I've found that if you give up or greatly limit junk food (whatever your definition) and especially if you exercise, after a bit you really don't want to live with junk food.

I think it's a very subjective topic, I cut down on my "junk" food and exercise regularly but I still enjoy pizza, pringles, etc on the rare occasion that I do have them.

Oh for sure, I do too. However, if I eat this type of stuff a couple days in a row I feel like crap. About once a week is good for me.
  • crzycatlady1
    crzycatlady1 Posts: 1,930 Member
    edited February 2017
    I don't label food and just eat what I like, but congrats OP on making a goal to work towards and then nailing it :)
  • srosenthal1225
    srosenthal1225 Posts: 44 Member
    I have found so many "new" foods that I really enjoy. I like hard boiled eggs, I also enjoy popcorn, and Pomegrante seeds, fresh fish, quinoa, lol...all kinds of new stuff, it has become kind of fun
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,886 Member
    I have found so many "new" foods that I really enjoy. I like hard boiled eggs, I also enjoy popcorn, and Pomegrante seeds, fresh fish, quinoa, lol...all kinds of new stuff, it has become kind of fun

I love hard boiled eggs with a small amount of something salty and carby as a snack :)

Going to go make some right now.
  • ronjsteele1
    ronjsteele1 Posts: 1,064 Member
    Pomegrante seeds

PLEASE explain to me how to buy a ripe pomegrante and how to eat it. My kids want to try these so bad! Okay, I would too. LOL But I hate buying stuff that isn't ripe and ends up nasty. And how on earth do you eat the seeds????? I'm envisioning them being very hard.
  • 1princesswarrior
    1princesswarrior Posts: 1,242 Member
    Good for you!

I have completely given up all junk and processed food but I significantly cut back and quit fast food except Panera and Chipotle. I decided to have a sugary treat the other day and not only was it too sweet but I got sick over it too.

However I will occasionally enjoy one cookie.
  • Need2Exerc1se
    Need2Exerc1se Posts: 13,576 Member
    Good for you! Feeling great is a good reward for sticking to your goals.
  • OhMsDiva
    OhMsDiva Posts: 1,074 Member

That part.
  • my_name_is_erika
    my_name_is_erika Posts: 110 Member
    sunsweet77 wrote: »
    I think so many things taste super salty now! Even my Diet Coke addiction (lol) has pretty much gone away!
    I love Coke so hopefully my addiction goes away too ... like I said it's only been a month but I'm feel ok with out it.