It's another FitBit/calorie adjustment one - double logging exercise?

Options
sc777sklkovs.png
See attached photo, three exercise activities synced to MFP.

Ignore the 3rd aerobic one. That's come from Strava and it wasn't even logged as aerobics. I have unlinked Strava and MFP.

The first two are FitBit calorie adjustments, based on my activity on Tuesday. I made 28888 steps that day, and the calorie adjustment was fed in at 289. Within that 28888 steps, approx 12000 of them were achieved on a run (detected on my FitBit surge), and this has fed in at 637.

My question. I'll take 637 for the run. The accompanying but independent Strava entry calculates around the same.

Is the 289 cals logged against 28888 steps a total for those steps, which seems low? Or is it the cals over and above what it knows are 12000 running steps i.e. 28888-12000=16888, which feeds in 289 cals. This seems like the most plausible calculation route?

Replies

• jjpptt2
    jjpptt2 Posts: 5,650 Member
    Options
    Is it ironic that a post about double-logging was, itself, double logged?
  • doctoremma
    doctoremma Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Ha! I think I've answered my question. But will post in case it helps anyone else. taz42puxt4v9.png
    This is from Saturday, when I ran a half marathon distance. Obviously, over 35000 steps, I have not earned only 13 cals. My excess steps (subtracting those used on the run) is around 10000, which is pretty much my zero balance, and hence the nearly zero balance calorie adjustment.