Help

Options
Help, I need some advice, motivation, anything. I am 62 and very overweight. My belly fat is out of control and I just get so frustrated. Can someone at my age really lose the weight and belly fat? I have had 2 total knee replacements and have degenerative athiritis. I can't do anything using my arms because I have both of my rotator cuffs torn. Frustration and not knowing where to begin is where I am at, but I want this to stop. Any advice or help would be great.

Replies

• TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    To lose weight you just need to eat less than you burn.
  • serindipte
    serindipte Posts: 1,557 Member
    edited February 2017
    Options
    Put your figures into MFP to determine your suggest caloric intake.

Buy a food scale and use it to weigh everything you eat. Measure only liquids with measuring cups/spoons (weigh everything else).

Log everything and stay just beneath or at your recommended intake.

You Can and Will lose weight without having to do anything more than that.
  • Stella3838
    Stella3838 Posts: 439 Member
    Options
    Focus on your eating. Weigh all solid foods on a food scale, measure liquids in measuring cups. Everything. Put your information into your profile here and get a calorie target. Then work to stay at that target. Working out is great if you can add it in. Even walking counts!!! But it really comes down to what @TavistockToad said. Eat less than the calories you burn in a day. You can totally do this.
  • Jul1019
    Jul1019 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Im 52 and have bad knees as well...Counting calories and honestly documenting every single thing I eat is so helpful to me, also meal planning prior to shopping as well as having a great supportive partner...if you don't have a support person it appears there are groups here to act in that capacity. you WILL lose weight if you are determined to and the heavier you are the quicker those initial pounds will go...