Which "Beachbody" program?

donnaeve8
donnaeve8 Posts: 113 Member
edited September 30 in Fitness and Exercise
I am currently doing 30 day shred but am wondering which program to do next? What would you suggest for a beginner? There is no way I could do insanity but is Chalean Extreme possible for someone who is 30 pounds overweight and has no strength whatsoever? I currently do 60 minute zumba classes 1-2x a week and am doing the 30 ds (almost) every morning.

Any advice would be great!

PS It doesn't have to be beachbody but I know they have a whole bunch of programs

Replies

• wbond
    wbond Posts: 363 Member
    Cha-Lean extreme is very doable...you start in Phases and you work your way up.
  • FairyMiss
    FairyMiss Posts: 1,812 Member
    nonsense , i believe you can do Insanity. if i at 200 pounds (5 foot tall) can do it, anyone can.
    you just go at your own pace, take rest when you need. I still have to take rest, now they are only
    a breath or two instead of half the exercise, but its all about self improvement
  • FairyMiss
    FairyMiss Posts: 1,812 Member
    heh figrued i see you weigh in here wade
  • Punktorian
    Punktorian Posts: 224 Member
    I've done P90, P90X, and most of insanity. I will almost always recommend P90X because it is so versatile and you really can set it up to fit your own needs and pace. Plus it is well rounded with the rest week stuff and yoga. If you have "no strength whatsoever" it might be a good place to start working on weak areas.
  • blink1021
    blink1021 Posts: 1,115 Member
    I have recently started P90X but they have just a P90 program too. I am more than 30lbs overweight, but I just work at my own pace and do not worry if I can keep up with the video. I can tell you I feel it more than I ever did with the 30 day shred.
  • Kras0711
    Kras0711 Posts: 2
    I did Chalean ex. I was 45 lbs. overweight. I lost 30 lbs doing chalean ex. I love it.. I as 48 years old and it was not hard at all. I started with lighter weights and went up has I got strong. You will love chalean ex. and I am a coach for them so if you want to get it I could help you....
  • hey donna i would actually recommend Brazil Butt Lift, it is a complete programs and i know it works. My wife has lost over 85 lbs with it
    264204_144282082315891_131574570253309_279238_6991385_n.jpg
  • kellyscomeback
    kellyscomeback Posts: 1,369 Member
    Chalean Extreme is great to build lean muscle. I would suggest Turbo Fire, it's cardio with some dance mixed plus some weights and when I started doing the step down, Turbo Kick, I dropped Jillian Micheals and I haven't looked back.

You can even hybrid the 2, there's a calendar in Turbo Fire outlining the TF/CHX hybrid.
  • donnaeve8
    donnaeve8 Posts: 113 Member
    Thanks for all of the great suggestions! Do you think it's best to start with Turbo Jam and then go to Turbo Fire and then to Chalean Extreme or is it possible to jump right into Chalean extreme? And what is up with all the darn DVD's?? Why can't there just be just one? I don't like the idea of having 9 DVDs to flip through and find
  • wbond
    wbond Posts: 363 Member
    Well Cha-Lean and Turbo Fire and a bit two differnt programs...TF, is almost all cardio (almost) and Cha-Lean works with bands/weights. So it is up to you which one you would prefer to do....both are a win/win program
This discussion has been closed.