Ladies...

Options
2»

Replies

• beccahun1
    beccahun1 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    YES!!!! I've barely given in to cravings even when they're extreme. My husband will literally take whatever it is out of my hand and not let me cave... which is helpful but also very frustrating.

Even more frustrating though... despite the will power police, I still managed to gain 5lbs back, overnight. I am not even exagerating. I wish I was. I went from 198 yesterday morning to 203 this morning. Just because of my stupid period.

:angry: :angry: :angry:
  • sgcorrie
    sgcorrie Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I get a super sweet and salt tooth and it is overwhelming at times. I don't give in to sugar (I am fighting an addiction to that good stuff) but will just let myself have a small bag of chips or go a little overboard on salting my food. A huge thing for me used to be soda but I started drinking sparkling water and can now just get by with a diet coke once a month.
  • lulalacroix
    lulalacroix Posts: 1,082 Member
    Options
    I just eat whatever I want within my calories. If I need to eat more then I will raise my daily limit to maintenance until.
  • kimny72
    kimny72 Posts: 16,013 Member
    Options
    When I was losing, I ate maintenance level 2 or 3 days a month. Now that I'm maintaining I let myself eat a couple hundred calories over on those days. No big deal. I eat whatever I want normally, so if I crave chocolate or chips or ice cream I have some. What's important for weight loss (and for health) is what you do most of the time, no need to be perfect.

It's also perfectly normal to retain water around your TOM. Again it's no big deal, it will fall off after a few days. If you can't handle your bodies normal weight fluctuations, just don't weigh yourself that week. :drinker:
  • Molly_234
    Molly_234 Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    This week I've been struggling too. For me it has been chocolate and salty foods I've been craving and I ate out a few times. I need to get back on track because I am so bloated and gained 4 pounds. Feeling horrible because I was doing so well before pms and now I really need to get back on track! I'm still learning how to manage the cravings and hunger but it's really hard.
  • CattOfTheGarage
    CattOfTheGarage Posts: 2,750 Member
    Options
    misskarne wrote: »
    My cravings are for salty, oily, deep fried carbs...you guessed it...POTATO SCALLOPS. And chips and gravy. I have to be REALLY careful and plan REALLY well during that week.

What are potato scallops? Are they like fritters?

I love potato fritters...
  • Mini_Medic
    Mini_Medic Posts: 343 Member
    Options
    NoAnalHere wrote: »
    I struggle to stay within my calorie limit during my cycle because if I'm not asleep I'm eating lol. And during my cycle I get 4 hours of sleep max each night and turn into the beast of food lol. You know the typical " breakfast lunch dinner snack" category MFP has? I created a extra one called "middle of the night shame" and it always gets used when my cycle comes around.

I love it. "Middle of the night shame". Mine is titled random reason to nom 10pm-4am haha

• Mini_Medic
    Mini_Medic Posts: 343 Member
    Options
    I ate 4,500 calories today, so yeah PMS. Sometimes a big up day or two throws me out of a plateau and it's good for me and a reset and I lose more after. Admittedly I could use the higher calories for more nutrient dense foods and not sugar and crap but hey it's what I crave. I always give in during PMS but then I call it off once aunt flo arrives. She is my signal to reign it back in and back to the grind. Becaus once I start I lose my appetite and have low days so it all usually balances out pretty well.
    I gain 8-12lbs of water before my cycle starts. It's ridiculous but I've learned to accept that. It comes off as my period progresses.
  • jenilla1
    jenilla1 Posts: 11,118 Member
    Options
    Increased food cravings - that's my primary symptom.

The advice to eat at maintenance calories worked well for me when I was at a deficit. Now that I'm in maintenance, I just let myself go a little bit (not crazy) for a few days and it all seems to work itself out. If I start snacking too much, I just add in more exercise to counteract some of it. (I'm one of those lucky ones that has little to no physical discomfort during my cycle, so exercising and other normal activities are no problem for me.) Also, sometimes we mistake thirst for hunger. Try drinking a full glass of water or tea. If you are still hungry after that, maybe you legitimately need a snack. It's better to have a little something before you get ravenous, than to wait too long and end up bingeing!
  • misskarne
    misskarne Posts: 1,767 Member
    Options
    misskarne wrote: »
    My cravings are for salty, oily, deep fried carbs...you guessed it...POTATO SCALLOPS. And chips and gravy. I have to be REALLY careful and plan REALLY well during that week.

What are potato scallops? Are they like fritters?

I love potato fritters...

They're also called potato cakes. Basically flattened potatoes battered and deep fried and covered in salt. DELICIOUS LITTLE CALORIE BOMBS.