Halo Top, Arctic Zero, etc.

Anyone try these? I'm all for eating the "real thing" but am curious about these...

Replies

• bbell1985
    bbell1985 Posts: 4,572 Member
    Halo Top tastes better, with a few more calories. They are worth it. People will poo all over Artic Zero but I have poverty macros and a huge appetite, I can get on the AZ train. Especially with a few My Protein flavor drops and some cocoa powder.

But Halo Top is good. You will enjoy it much more.
  • alyssa0061
    alyssa0061 Posts: 652 Member
    Halo Top is awesome. I much prefer it to regular ice cream. I also really like Arctic Zero but it's not 'ice cream'.

Do not try Wink. Disgusting
  • bbell1985
    alyssa0061 wrote: »
    Halo Top is awesome. I much prefer it to regular ice cream. I also really like Arctic Zero but it's not 'ice cream'.

Lol. I've had some desperate times with Wink. Desperate times.

I actually don't miss the "real" ice cream much. I like to eat high volume and really like the taste of HT
  • apullum
    apullum Posts: 4,838 Member
    I really like Halo Top. It's not the same thing as "real" ice cream, but it tastes good in its own right. I don't like any of the other low calorie ice creams.
  • alyssa0061
    alyssa0061 Posts: 652 Member
    bbell1985 wrote: »

I actually don't miss the "real" ice cream much. I like to eat high volume and really like the taste of HT

Have you found a flavor that isn't vile? I can usually make my way through anything (especially if it costs $6) but the Wink went in the trash.
  • bbell1985
    bbell1985 wrote: »

Have you found a flavor that isn't vile? I can usually make my way through anything (especially if it costs $6) but the Wink went in the trash.

No, but I've added cocoa powder and those flavor drops...maybe a bit of powdered peanut butter, and made my way through it. At that point it had the same calories as Artic Zero though, so it's pointless.

I've sucked it up a few times. But really I'd rather make protein fluff than eat it. I maintain on 1800 calories so I'm pretty used to "low calorie" foods because I really like to eat a lot. Two bites of something calorie dense doesn't really cut it.
  • Dee_D33
    Dee_D33 Posts: 106 Member
    Where do people buy halo top? I live in NC and all that's around me is a Walmart and a Piggly Wiggly lol, but I'm up for a little drive to try it. So many people love it.
  • bbell1985
    Dee_D33 wrote: »
    Where do people buy halo top? I live in NC and all that's around me is a Walmart and a Piggly Wiggly lol, but I'm up for a little drive to try it. So many people love it.

You can get it at Whole Foods. I just go to the grocery store to get it. I live in NYC though so it's a bit easier.
  • Erfw7471
    Erfw7471 Posts: 242 Member
    edited February 2017

I'm in NC too, I get mine from Publix & Whole Foods

I like Halo Top over Arctic Zero but, like above, I eat both depending on what my day has looked like. I love putting some Penzey's Pie Spice and a little sugar free syrup (which kinda "hardens") over the Vanilla - so so good! I'll have to try some other add-ins too.
  • Gallowmere1984
    Gallowmere1984 Posts: 6,626 Member
    They are both decent, but at that price point, I'd rather just mix some good casein in water to a pudding like consistency and put it in the freezer.
  • bioklutz
    bioklutz Posts: 1,365 Member
    They are both decent, but at that price point, I'd rather just mix some good casein in water to a pudding like consistency and put it in the freezer.

I tried artic zero and didn't think it was bad. It was similar to a Wendy's frosty. The price is also what turned me off.

If I am trying to cut some weight there is a frozen peach yogurt that I usually buy. It is just the store brand and is 100 calories per serving. That is my go to lower calorie frozen treat.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,372 Member
    Honestly Halo Top satisfies me enough that I don't feel the need to waste calories on 'real' ice cream. To be fair, I don't care for most commercial ice creams in the first place and I'll always pick cake or pie over ice cream if even the choice, so it's not like I'm a huge ice cream fan or something.

That being said, it can give me diarrhea, and I've had a couple pints that tasted horribly artificial... so IMO they have some quality control issues.

I tried the Artic Zero chunky pints, the chunks are good but the base is tasteless so it's just not worth the calories.
  • ew_david
    ew_david Posts: 3,473 Member
    Halo Top is good.

Arctic Zero needs a lot of additions to not taste like sad ice milk.
  • lucys1225
    lucys1225 Posts: 597 Member

Go on halotop.com. It not only tells where they sell it but also what flavors each store carries.
  • jjpptt2
    jjpptt2 Posts: 5,650 Member
    I've had a bunch of the halo top flavors... never tried artic zero, though.

Halo top tastes like diet ice cream. Halo top is to regular ice cream as quest bars are to snickers. You'll never confuse it with regular ice cream, but it isn't terrible. For me, it's just good enough to satisfy my sweet tooth when I want something like ice cream, but not so good that I'll eat a whole pint.
  • Dee_D33
    Dee_D33 Posts: 106 Member
    lucys1225 wrote: »

Go on halotop.com. It not only tells where they sell it but also what flavors each store carries.

Closest place is 43 miles away, yikes. I might just see if I can request it. Thanks!

• leajas1
    leajas1 Posts: 823 Member
    I can't stomach AZ. It just tastes like flavored ice water to me. Halo Top is amazing (I have a pint of the peanut butter cup planned for tomorrow), as is Enlightened. The great thing about Enlightened is that it comes in individual bars, so it's easy, although it's just as expensive as Halo.
  • boothekm1
    boothekm1 Posts: 60 Member
    Artic Zone is hit or miss. Some flavors aren't that tasty. You have to let it thaw to get to the creamy texture. The brownie blast kind is my favorite! It has actual brownie pieces in it which makes it AMAZING when I don't have the calories to eat the real thing.
  • jamocha101
    jamocha101 Posts: 20 Member
    Halo Top is incredible. I haven't tried Arctic Zero, but I hear horrible things about it.