Alcohol

Options
Do people still drink alcohol and lose weight?

Replies

• Ninkyou
    Ninkyou Posts: 6,666 Member
    Options
    Yes. Just fit it into your calorie goal.
  • sarahlovesfood25
    sarahlovesfood25 Posts: 408 Member
    Options
    Is sugar free fizzy pop ok?
  • janejellyroll
    janejellyroll Posts: 25,763 Member
    Options
    I drank almost every day when I was losing weight. As long as you're tracking your intake and hitting your goal it should be fine.

Things to consider: Some people find it harder to limit their drinks or they find that drinking causes them to make food choices that cause them to exceed their goals. If these apply to you, it will be harder to drink and lose weight.

• janejellyroll
    janejellyroll Posts: 25,763 Member
    Options
    Is sugar free fizzy pop ok?

Okay? Like, for weight loss? Yes.
  • 3rdof7sisters
    3rdof7sisters Posts: 486 Member
    Options
    Any food or beverage is ok, as long as you are at, or under your calorie allotment.
  • jordyngiulio
    jordyngiulio Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    Definitely! It's not the booze that gets you - its the shared fries, 'just a bite' of nachos, etc. But for sure you can drink. I've been back to dieting for about 3.5 months and have lost 15 pounds drinking about once a week
  • laceyslabaugh
    laceyslabaugh Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    I went from drinking 1-4 beers (12oz cans of Michelob Ultra -95cal) 5-6 days/week to drinking 1 night a week. I have seen and felt the difference! I look at the weekend in advance and decide what day (Saturday or Sunday) I have plans and will be indulging :)
  • sarahlovesfood25
    Options
    Ive heard having fizzy pop is bad but if its sugar free its ok!
    I normally hav vodka wiv sugar free irn bru or sugar free energy drink!!
    When i drink alcohol i dont really feel hungry so thats good but with most people when they consume alcohol they tend to pick the "wrong" food choices such as junk!
  • CorneliusPhoton
    CorneliusPhoton Posts: 965 Member
    Options
    Definitely! It's not the booze that gets you - its the shared fries, 'just a bite' of nachos, etc. But for sure you can drink. I've been back to dieting for about 3.5 months and have lost 15 pounds drinking about once a week

Oh, booze can definitely get you. My husband lost 50 lbs just quitting drinking beer. :)
  • sarahlovesfood25
    Options
    Thanks for the comments and well done on ur weight loses whilst still enjoying the food/drinks u like
  • FoxyMars25
    FoxyMars25 Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    Yep, there is no way I am giving up my wine. I just bank some calories during the week so I can drink on Saturdays (and maybe one or two glasses during the week). As long as it fits in your calorie goal then you should be fine. But as others have said, you just need to be careful because once you start drinking, your blood sugar drops and you get hungry and want food that probably WILL cause you to go over your deficit.
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options
    Life without a good Malbec every now and then isn't worth living.