Anyone doing Ketogenic diet?

Options
Hi...I'm new to my fitness pal and the keto diet. I'm 48 yrs old will be 49 in April. I don't have a lot to lose but I would love company and support doing it.

Replies

• cowtoonist
    cowtoonist Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I'm doing a modified version
  • ms_smartypants
    ms_smartypants Posts: 8,278 Member
    Options
    I am a keto'er...feel free to join the LCD (low carb group) ...there is a bunch of awesome people with lots of info...wishing you the best :)
  • AmyBurkeDVM
    AmyBurkeDVM Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I'm on day 3. In it to win tho. I would love a buddy because my circle of people think I'm crazy
  • tmoneyag99
    tmoneyag99 Posts: 480 Member
    Options
    There are actually groups for Keto, Low Carb, LCHF, Primal, Paleo, Atkins, Southbeach and et al.

I warmly suggest that you joining us in one of those groups as you will find a much friendlier reception.
  • mmacintosh321
    mmacintosh321 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Yeah... I'm doing Atkins. I'm just in the induction phase... one week into it... but I feel great.
  • Freedom125
    Freedom125 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    I've been keto since May 2016, with the exception of a break on vacation in December. It's so nice to eat foods that taste good and lose weight at the same time. I hesitated for ages but time and time again I failed at plain old CICO because I was just always too hungry, so it made sense to try something completely different. Considering before this I never made it past the 6 week mark, I'm pretty pleased.
  • Dbarraza68
    Dbarraza68 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    That's awesome. I just started two weeks ago but feel much better.
  • Dbarraza68
    Options
    Yeah... I'm doing Atkins. I'm just in the induction phase... one week into it... but I feel great.

I'm only two weeks in but feel great
  • Dbarraza68
    Options
    tmoneyag99 wrote: »
    There are actually groups for Keto, Low Carb, LCHF, Primal, Paleo, Atkins, Southbeach and et al.

I warmly suggest that you joining us in one of those groups as you will find a much friendlier reception.
    I join a group. They are so supportive and love seeing all the transformations.
  • Dbarraza68
    Options
    cowtoonist wrote: »

Myself and oldest daughter are doing keto my youngest daughter is doing just low carbs.
  • Dbarraza68
    Options
    I am a keto'er...feel free to join the LCD (low carb group) ...there is a bunch of awesome people with lots of info...wishing you the best :)

Thank you.
  • Dbarraza68
    Options
    I'm on day 3. In it to win tho. I would love a buddy because my circle of people think I'm crazy

I'm nrw too. Two weeks for my. Yeah a buddy would help a lot.
  • Dbarraza68
    edited February 2017
    Options

My youngest daughter is doing the lazy keto and has lost 6.4 in two weeks
  • paulrempa
    paulrempa Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hi I started eating The Keto way Jan 23, I've lost 6 lbs and 1% BF. Just started using MFP to track Macros. After the first week which sucked I feel like I have more energy. I drink Keto coffee in the morning ( 1 tbs butter , 1 tbs coconut oil) whip it up in a blender with the coffee and I'm good to go until lunch.

I hope to keep this going I have about 30lbs to lose. It's hard with family and friends they don't understand and think I'm crazy
  • Dbarraza68
    Options
    paulrempa wrote: »
    Hi I started eating The Keto way Jan 23, I've lost 6 lbs and 1% BF. Just started using MFP to track Macros. After the first week which sucked I feel like I have more energy. I drink Keto coffee in the morning ( 1 tbs butter , 1 tbs coconut oil) whip it up in a blender with the coffee and I'm good to go until lunch.

I hope to keep this going I have about 30lbs to lose. It's hard with family and friends they don't understand and think I'm crazy

You got this. You have to do what's best for you. I've only lost 5.4 in two weeks but I feel so much better. I'm lucky because my daughter's are doing it with me. Oldest has lost 9.6 youngest 6.4. It's a life choice. People won't understand till they see yoyr amazing results.
  • paulrempa
    paulrempa Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Thanks, your right☺️
  • shirleyzzr0411
    shirleyzzr0411 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Dbarraza68 wrote: »

My youngest daughter is doing the lazy keto and has lost 6.4 in two weeks

Impressed! What is lazy keto?
    I am 120lbs, want to get rid of 20lbs before May so that I can fit into a dress for maid of honor...

Now, my total daily intake calories are under 1500, with split of Fat/Protein/Carbs to be 45/30/25. Feel so hard to further lower the carbs.
    Thanks for any tips!
  • Dbarraza68
    Options
    Lazy is that she doesn't track anything but her carbs which is under 20 a day. She does high fat. It seems hard to do 20 carbs but it's not. Do you substrate your fiber from your carbs?
  • carol11158
    carol11158 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I was doing 20 g of carbs but felt it was too restricting. I just started 50 g of carbs a day. Should I subtract the fiber from the total carbs?
  • Dbarraza68
    Options
    carol11158 wrote: »
    I was doing 20 g of carbs but felt it was too restricting. I just started 50 g of carbs a day. Should I subtract the fiber from the total carbs?

Yes that will give you your net carbs