tell me about your fish

Options
2»

Replies

• fitoverfortymom
    fitoverfortymom Posts: 3,452 Member
    Options
    We have a gold fish that my son one at a carnival six years ago.

I also live in a landlocked state, so most of the fish I eat is when I travel to Boston or Seattle and let someone else cook it for me. :)
  • thelovelyLIZ
    thelovelyLIZ Posts: 1,227 Member
    Options
    I love fish and it's super easy to prepare- usually very quick too. I will buy whatever they have on special at Sprouts each week. Baking is a good option or I'll pan fry with just a little oil or butter. Fast and easy, have it with rice or potatoes and a vegetable. I love salmon for something a bit heartier and then sole or rockfish for light delicate meals.
  • Iknewyouweretrouble
    Options
    don't the wild caught sustainable mercury free variety feel less pain? o:)
  • livingleanlivingclean
    livingleanlivingclean Posts: 11,751 Member
    Options
    Fish feel pain.

Not when they're dead.
  • Gallowmere1984
    Gallowmere1984 Posts: 6,626 Member
    Options
    Fish feel pain.

Not when they're dead.

So that screaming when I'm chewing is all in my head? :(
  • L1zardQueen
    L1zardQueen Posts: 8,754 Member
    Options
    Fish feel pain.

So do plants! What to do!
  • kimny72
    kimny72 Posts: 16,013 Member
    Options
    I buy frozen, usually salmon or cod, and bake. Usually coat the top with a very little olive oil or butter and a shake of salt & pepper, then a squeeze of lemon when they're done. Used to also get mahi mahi because it was a little cheaper but lately it's been the same price as everything else and I like cod better.

I love to get fish tacos at restaurants but for some reason never think to make them at home!
  • L1zardQueen
    Options
    The hubster takes boats out of Point Loma and comes back with yellowfin. Oh yea
  • Debmal77
    Debmal77 Posts: 4,770 Member
    Options
    Fish feel pain.

and apparently carrots do too (movie - Notting Hill)
  • kimny72
    kimny72 Posts: 16,013 Member
    Options
  • jenilla1
    jenilla1 Posts: 11,118 Member
    Options
    Fish feel pain.

Every living thing reacts to stimuli. That's just the way it is. Can't eat rocks... :/
  • L1zardQueen
    Options
    jenilla1 wrote: »
    Fish feel pain.

Every living thing reacts to stimuli. That's just the way it is. Can't eat rocks... :/

Oh yea? Lol
    a3elqtwyx582.jpg

• JeromeBarry1
    JeromeBarry1 Posts: 10,182 Member
    Options
    I buy Salmon, tilapia, and cod fillets frozen. I have a steamer and sometimes steam them. I have a skillet and sometimes fry them.
  • CafeRacer808
    CafeRacer808 Posts: 2,396 Member
    Options

So does my dad! I wonder if they've ever been on the same boat together...
  • L1zardQueen
    Options

So does my dad! I wonder if they've ever been on the same boat together...

It's a small world. You never know. I've had a couple of small world incidents happen to me.
  • Meganthedogmom
    Meganthedogmom Posts: 1,639 Member
    Options
    I haven't made fish in a while but I used to make it 2-3 times a week.
    My favorites to cook were salmon, trout and halibut. I always baked mine in the oven. A little seasoning of your choice, a pat of butter if you choose, and somewhere around 13 minutes in the oven at 350° if I remember correctly. Fresh fish always. I have also cooked tilapia in the pan before and it came out fine.
  • lkpducky
    lkpducky Posts: 16,816 Member
    Options
    I poach sole fillets in whole milk, with a mix of dried herbs and garlic salt simmered in the milk for a few minutes before I add the fish. Simmer gently until the fish flakes.
  • Dnarules
    Dnarules Posts: 2,081 Member
    Options
    Fish feel pain.

Not when they're dead. They're usually dead when you cook them.
  • Reaverie
    Reaverie Posts: 405 Member
    Options
    My brother is a commercial fisherman so brings home a variety of different fish. Trigger, red snapper, dolphin, yellow finned tuna... each one he cooks differently. He will never put a fish in the oven. He only pan fries or grills them. I cook salmon on the stove top or in foil in the oven. I will look up a recipe then just follow the directions. Most are pretty easy. Add spice..cook! Simple as that.