NSV... might not seem big to you but it's HUGE to me

Options
koylefam
koylefam Posts: 142 Member
So today my children BEGGED and pleaded for me to bake cookies for them. Now usually I would eat the dough, while making, and eat several afte wards. I have ate a dozen in under ten minutes. But NO TODAY!!!! I made 3 kinds of cookies, PB, snickerdoodle, and white choc macadamia nut. and I am ONE. ANd IT WAS AND STILL IS ENOUGH!!!!!! A HUGE NSV FOR ME!!!

Replies

• mrdalton
    mrdalton Posts: 97
    Options
    WOW great job. Im not even sure I could resist that big of a temptation. Keep up the good work - you are heading in the right direction. Keep it up!!!!! :)
  • brendalyne
    brendalyne Posts: 497
    Options
    Definitely an awesome NSV! Congrats!!
  • laurasnyder411
    laurasnyder411 Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    This is unbelievably outrageous to me. I am having a difficult time imagining making any kind of cookies and not snitching a bite here and there......... and the next day.... out of the freezer.......in the shadows..... until it's all gone....and I'd probably eat like 4 cookies after they cooked too. KUDOS because you are my new hero!
  • wfbmmay
    wfbmmay Posts: 9
    Options
    WOW!!!!!!!!! I, too, could easily eat a dozen cookies within 10 minutes - maybe even more if you include dough AND finished the finished product. That is fantastic - that is a HUGE victory in my book!!!! Awesome!
  • abeautifulvoice
    Options
    Great job!! That is DEFINITELY a HUGE thing :)
  • cheri0627
    cheri0627 Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    Wow. I'm completely amazed and in awe. I love cookie dough. I've made dough just to eat it and only made a couple of cookies because my husband would rather have the cookies.

I just have to avoid now.
  • dance_jen
    dance_jen Posts: 10
    Options
    That's a huge success! I was the same and loved to bake. While on maternity leave would bake muffins weekly for playdates and thought they were going to derail my weight lose but the cravings for sweet things stopped and I was sometimes satisfied with half of a muffin.
    GREAT WORK!
  • Lanfear
    Lanfear Posts: 524
    Options
    So today my children BEGGED and pleaded for me to bake cookies for them. Now usually I would eat the dough, while making, and eat several afte wards. I have ate a dozen in under ten minutes. But NO TODAY!!!! I made 3 kinds of cookies, PB, snickerdoodle, and white choc macadamia nut. and I am ONE. ANd IT WAS AND STILL IS ENOUGH!!!!!! A HUGE NSV FOR ME!!!

Well done on your NSV - but I have to ask - can anyone tell me what a snickerdoodle cookie is???? Sounds amazing!!!! :smile:
  • jmruef
    jmruef Posts: 824 Member
    Options

Well done on your NSV - but I have to ask - can anyone tell me what a snickerdoodle cookie is???? Sounds amazing!!!! :smile:

A snicker doodle is sort of a sugar cookie rolled in sugar & cinnamon before baking. SO yummy.

Congrats, OP! :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
  • SarahLovesCheesecake
    Options
    I am ONE. ANd IT WAS AND STILL IS ENOUGH

eh, you're a cookie....
  • jagh09
    jagh09 Posts: 555 Member
    Options
    Major MAJOR achievement! I don't know if I'd have the strength. Good for you!
  • koylefam
    Options
    It is hard to explain other than HEAVEN.... sweet with a touch of cinnamon..... if you want I can give you a reciepe(not sure if that woudl be a helpful thing lol):wink:
  • koylefam
    Options
    Shoudl say I ate ONE!!! I was so excited my brain couldn't keep up with my thoughts :blushing:
  • koylefam
    Options
    WOW thanks for all the support... and no I am not a cookie... I only ate one..lol............... And looking back I feel even better about it today than I did yesterday. Usually i would make my husband take them all to work with him. So I don't have the temptation. But I know that I can be in control. A life change isn't about deprivation.... it's about moderation :happy:
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!