Kinda nervous...

Options
So I was on vacation all last week and I only half-@$$ counted calories for the first half of the week, then said "screw it" the other half....I am super nervous about gaining my measley three pounds back...I'm also worried that if I do gain weight that it is going to totally screw up my mojo that I have going. Please keep me in your prayers/thoughts that I can keep on track. I need some serious motivation right now. :/

Replies

• clhiter
    clhiter Posts: 74
    Options
    okay gorgeous....sometimes taking reward breaks is necessary. we are sure you will recover and push through even if they do come back...the key is you care--and that means lifestlye change is happening.....woohooo
  • deenanna
    deenanna Posts: 39
    Options
    VACATION doesn't mean everyday! It's a treat! It's not really bad to treat yourself food wise too! As long as you count and watch when you're home and not treating yourself, don't feel bad!
  • Pluto_Child
    Pluto_Child Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't worry too much. I am bad about watching what I eat on vacation as well. I think some of that is recouped from all the exercise I typically get while I am on vacation. I am usually hiking or swimming or walking so I think I do okay regardless. So unless you sit in a room or on a beach your whole trip I am sure you've been burning calories up like crazy and didn't realize it because you were too busy having a great time!
  • curlysue06
    curlysue06 Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    Ive been on this bandwagon before. But this time around I refuse to let my mind trick me. You CAN DO IT! Let go of the mishap and wake up tomorrow with a brand new attitude. Just keep going. You'll be fine! If you need anymore motivation in the future, feel free to add me! I am here to support!
  • Julijulz
    Julijulz Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    Just don't even weigh yourself for a few weeks. Believe me, it helps.
  • Krae79
    Krae79 Posts: 49
    Options
    It's okay to slip up once in a while. It sounds like you don't make a normal habit of it. Just kick up the exercise a little more on the days you go over. Don't give up!!
  • MsCandyLynn
    MsCandyLynn Posts: 123
    Options
    Your gonna be fine!!! if you gain those 3lbs back you know why, its not unexplained and therefore you know how to correct it for the future!!!! im sure its all going to be just fine!
  • SandersWifey
    SandersWifey Posts: 387
    Options
    Just don't go crazy eating!!! I just got back from a two week vacation and didn't eat like I should most of the time, but did quite a bit of walking, swimming, and such. When I came back home I weighed in +8 lbs!!! But after 3 days of being back on my routine it was all gone. It was all just water weight!! So don't be discouraged if the scale is up a little bit!! RELAX and have a great vacation!!
  • brookepenni
    brookepenni Posts: 787 Member
    Options
    Haha Im going on holidays in just a few days - heading to Cambodia (Asia) and let me tell you, Im not going to count nor care!! 2 weeks of tropical weather, cold beer and gorgeous food.... BRING IT ON!! Hope you enjoyed your holiday though :)
  • neurochamp
    neurochamp Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    The way I see it, you have 2 choices:

1. Feel guilty and beat yourself up for enjoying your vacation

or

2. Start fresh tomorrow and make good, healthy food and exercise choices. If you stick to it, you WILL see results - you just have to move forward and not beat yourself up for things in the past that you can't change now

I think option 2 is the much more productive choice...

:-)
  • Janelle_Teaches
    Options
    we fall off the bandwagon all the time! just jump back on! ;) You can do this..even if you gained a little you can loose it again too!! :)

Saying a prayer....just now!! :)

Add me as a friend if you like:)
  • fitabigail
    Options
    I had a realization last week that might help? My usual thing is that I do really well for awhile and then 'fall off the wagon' completely. So..I've been doing this MFP stuff since May 20 now and have lost 10lbs. Last week was my first bout of intense cravings and I ate a crap load of ice cream. But....I made a deal with myself. I could have days like this as long as I 1) ate it all GUILT FREE and 2) measured and recorded what I ate. I happily filled up AT LEAST 3 measuring cups of ice cream and ended up eating like 1300 calories over my goal, but I just looked at it, guilt free and knew that I could eat less than that tomorrow. I only ate 50 calories over my goal the next day and then was back on track the following day. I have never been able to bounce back like that before! Usually when I fall, it's hard and I lose all hope. Also, I have never stayed motivated for this long when losing weight so slowly. I'm losing at a rate of 1 lb every 10 days or so at this point, but it's not bothering me now because I've changed how I see all of this. Please....don't beat yourself up. We always hear, "This is a life-style", not a diet. It really is true. (Oh and as it turns out, I must have needed that binge because 2 days later, turns out that I saw my weight go down on the scale.) Don't beat yourself up. Embrace that vacation week with warm happy thoughts and live today. :)
  • arh0117
    arh0117 Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    Well, the moment of truth is here... I only gained 2/10 of a pound!! I can handle that after the week I've had. Now, it's time to get after it harder than ever!! I bought Zumba for Wii last night and am so pumped I can't wait to do it again and again!! Thank you all for your support and encouragement!! With friends like you all helping me along the way I know this is gonna work and I will be able to stick to my goals!! Love you all!!