Newbie to MFP!

Options
I have maintained my weight for the past year but that's not saying much as I am about 20 pounds overweight from my ideal weight for my height and frame. For a while I just kind of let it go but recently I noticed my usually low blood pressure has been mildly elevated and my resting pulse is high. I am 35 and know I need to make a change now for my future health. Hoping I can stick with watching my calories and increasing my exercise!

Replies

• katjennings
    katjennings Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Hi I'm new too. I have 85 lbs to loose and I'm 45. I've struggled my whole life. My children have been very good with their program. It's time for me to make a change for life.
  • gabesyaya
    gabesyaya Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hello cv! I've been tracking almost daily since Jan 3 and I too need to crack that 20lb gain. I don't have a scale and don't plan to buy one. I want to go with how I feel in clothes and on my feet walking or at the gym. This is the first time in my life I've stayed faithful to tracking my food and I feel great. I'd love to check in with you periodically if you want another traveling companion.
  • pizzaddict452017
    Options
    Hello I'm new too. I have about 30 Ibs to Lose. I have trouble binging at night or emotional eating . I have join Jazzercise so I am hoping I will stick with this . I want to be healthy & fit .
  • martaga52
    martaga52 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi I've the app on my phone for a couple of years now.. I haven't been using it as I should.. I am determined to loose 50lbs. I need all the motivation I can get so here I am!
  • Keylolo03
    Keylolo03 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hi I need to lose 30 lbs. I have been off and on with trying to lose weight. My biggest problem I have is eating sweets all the time and eating out. I started cooking more and reduced the amount of sweets I eat. I could really use some motivation and encouragement along the way.