Over 50 frustrated Truck driver

Options
My lifestyle change is tough, I reverted to bad food yesterday, and again today so far, wtf. WHY WHY WHY AM I SO FREAKING STUPID !!!! I need this change to get healthy or I am gonna blow up and die. I may not be putting a Gun to my head, but the freakin fork is doing the same thing.
I have no real support, well wishers yes, but as hard as I try I seem to fail WTF, I pray for discipline, but he must be busy, I still think through him I can do this, but so far....

Replies

• L1zardQueen
    L1zardQueen Posts: 8,754 Member
    Options
    Hi and welcome!! I'm sure it's hard to eat a balanced diet on the road! Give MFP a try! You could eat what you like but eat less of it. You are not stupid, you just didn't realize there is a way to lose weight without torturing yourself. Add me , if you like.
  • kbmnurse
    kbmnurse Posts: 2,484 Member
    Options
    Pack your meals bring a cooler. It's your choice. Excuses will lead to your continued poor health.
  • rugratz2015
    rugratz2015 Posts: 593 Member
    Options
    Plan ahead, like kbmnurse said, bring a lunch.

It could be boredom eating. Always have healthy/low calorie snacks in the truck, even chewing gum or drinking water may give you the movement you want. Good luck x
  • blackbearseatbeets
    Options
    We all have tough days but everyday you get a fresh start to try again... So, get after it. Meal prep is very important to staying on track and for portion control. I struggle with keeping up with it but when I get it done the results are positive. Keep healthful options accessible. Don't give up. Best of luck on your journey. Add me if you like.
  • sbrandt37
    sbrandt37 Posts: 403 Member
    edited February 2017
    Options
    Brother, you are being awfully hard on yourself. Would you talk to a friend like that? Be kind to yourself like you would to a friend. So you screwed up. It happens. Take a deep breath, forgive yourself, and move on.

There really is no bad food. There is just too much of it. I have lost 50 pounds using MFP. Lots of people here have lost a whole lot more. I haven't really cut out any foods, but I have cut back my portions. I eat a lot less of some foods because I really can't control myself around them (especially when my daughter bakes and leaves cookies and cakes sitting around), but nothing is truly off limits. I just make sure everything fits within my calorie budget. I pre-log some things so I know exactly how much I can have--then I really enjoy them because I know I am not overeating.

Here is what worked for me: rigorous logging of every meal, moderate daily calorie deficits, and as much daily physical activity as I can manage. Focus on the small changes that move you in the right direction, rather than the big goal. Every meal that you track, every modest portion size, every bit of exercise, every dessert not eaten--each one of those is a success and a gift to yourself that contributes to your long-term health and well-being. If you make them a habit, the weight will come off and stay off. You can do this!
  • pktruckdriver
    pktruckdriver Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    Thanks all, not sure how to add as friend thou
  • pktruckdriver
    pktruckdriver Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    DISCIPLINE, ANYONE WILLING TO SHARE THIERS
  • L1zardQueen
    L1zardQueen Posts: 8,754 Member
    Options
    Creating habits.
  • size102b
    size102b Posts: 1,370 Member
    Options
    Join my group I just made I yoyo am having a hard day as nothing fits for my night out
    We can do this. https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/119030-2017-newbie-weightloss-challenge
  • JeromeBarry1
    JeromeBarry1 Posts: 10,182 Member
    edited February 2017
    Options
    Your Friday food diary indicates that you finished the day below your calorie goal. That's a thing to build on. You can do it.

Your Thursday food diary indicates that you finished far below your calorie goal.

Your Wednesday food diary indicates that you finished far below your calorie goal.

Are you honestly and accurately logging all your food?

One idea I have is that you buy a box of nutritious energy bars. There are several different kinds. Pick one with high protein and fiber. Put each bar in a plastic zipper bag and label each bag with the date and time that you will eat the bar inside it. This little trick of positive scheduling gives you the certainty that you will eat. It removes the need to practice will-power with the food.
    Use these instead of the Love's meals. They're cheaper anyway.

I use a Sharpie to label my plastic bags.
  • djwar9858
    djwar9858 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    We need discipline to do most activities in life. Reading, working, studying, etc. It's there in us...like a seed that we have to nourish and grow. You already have it. You work every day at a very tough job...That is discipline. It's there, my friend..you just need to nurture it into your daily eating goals. You're tough...you got this.
  • rachelleosborne80
    rachelleosborne80 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I feel ya... Im on the road 10 hours a day, and it gets hard. You don't always have access to healthy options. I find it hard to drink as much water as I should, because I can only take a couple bathroom breaks throughout the day.
    Yesterday was a particularly stressful day. I forgot my lunch at home... I allowed my bad attitude to decide my meals... I ate fast food twice. I felt horrible.
  • rugratz2015
    rugratz2015 Posts: 593 Member
    Options
    I feel ya... Im on the road 10 hours a day, and it gets hard. You don't always have access to healthy options. I find it hard to drink as much water as I should, because I can only take a couple bathroom breaks throughout the day.
    Yesterday was a particularly stressful day. I forgot my lunch at home... I allowed my bad attitude to decide my meals... I ate fast food twice. I felt horrible.

Most supermarkets do ready made salad bowls, basic salad, nothing fancy, but easy to grab when your stuck. If nothing else good to nibble on as you drive, or to boost a pre packed sandwich.

I always carry a lunch bag with cutlery, salt and pepper and sachets of mayo. I usually have protein bars and sachets of cup a soup in my car. The little things like this make healthy living that bit easier.
  • Roxie122012
    Roxie122012 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hi Everyone, OK so I need HELP! I don't even know where to start. Sitting here typing this needing to have breakfast. Need to lose 150 lbs. Went thru all the requirements to have Bariatric Surgery. But chickened out. I don't want to live on shakes and supplements the rest of my life. Love good, healthy food, not opposed to trying and cooking. I have physical issues so exercise at this state is going to be very difficult. I am pre-diabetic, have nerve pain issues. Want to get of as many meds as possible and get healthy and be able to do things again. Use to be very active. Walking 2 miles a day, took the canoe out every night, hiked on weekends, worked out. Have Fibromyalgia, and suffer from anxiety and depression. Done with Dr's, referals, Pills. I feel like I need an intervention program. Someone to be there to hold my hand . I have many things I want to still do in my life. I would like to go back to work at least part time. I am sick and am sick of being SICK. PLEASE HELP.
  • Nachise
    Nachise Posts: 395 Member
    Options
    pktruckdriver, asking for help is a huge step in getting help. Accepting it is harder. There is an old proverb that says, "Fall down six times, get up seven." I know that what works for me is logging, and doing it honestly. It's the second part of that I have the hardest time with. Best of luck, and when you have a bad day, forgive yourself and start over again the next. This is a change for the long term, but the only thing you can do about it is what you do today. We are not going to be perfect every day, because we are just imperfect. You can do this today. Don't worry about tomorrow. Just concentrate on what you can do today, and make the decisions you need to make today. Just keep it simple.
  • try2again
    try2again Posts: 3,562 Member
    Options
    Hi Everyone, OK so I need HELP! I don't even know where to start. Sitting here typing this needing to have breakfast. Need to lose 150 lbs. Went thru all the requirements to have Bariatric Surgery. But chickened out. I don't want to live on shakes and supplements the rest of my life. Love good, healthy food, not opposed to trying and cooking. I have physical issues so exercise at this state is going to be very difficult. I am pre-diabetic, have nerve pain issues. Want to get of as many meds as possible and get healthy and be able to do things again. Use to be very active. Walking 2 miles a day, took the canoe out every night, hiked on weekends, worked out. Have Fibromyalgia, and suffer from anxiety and depression. Done with Dr's, referals, Pills. I feel like I need an intervention program. Someone to be there to hold my hand . I have many things I want to still do in my life. I would like to go back to work at least part time. I am sick and am sick of being SICK. PLEASE HELP.

May I suggest posting this as your own thread? You will likely receive responses more appropriate for you, since this thread is for an "over 50 frustrated trucker" ;)
  • Nachise
    Nachise Posts: 395 Member
    edited February 2017
    Options
    [/quote]

May I suggest posting this as your own thread? You will likely receive responses more appropriate for you, since this thread is for an "over 50 frustrated trucker" ;)[/quote]

Everybody's got to start somewhere. Give her a break.

• try2again
    try2again Posts: 3,562 Member
    Options
    Nachise wrote: »

May I suggest posting this as your own thread? You will likely receive responses more appropriate for you, since this thread is for an "over 50 frustrated trucker" ;)[/quote]

Everybody's got to start somewhere. Give her a break.

[/quote]

I wasn't trying to give her a hard time... I was genuinely trying to get her more responses.