From 230 to 168...

Options
Hi. So I have been on MFP for some time, but have never utilized the social aspect of this tool. I have to admit, that it has helped me at least stay the same weight for some time (225 - 230 lbs). But according to my doctor (what does he know, pffff!) I need to lose 20 lbs as my short term goal but down to 168 as my main goal. I'm taking the energy from being a new year to goal full on in with the hopes that at least something will stick. From joining Nutrisystem, to starting C25k, to upgrading my Fitbit from the Zip to the Blaze. I would love some help with support and motivation. I hope that being accountable will give me that extra kick to keep me going. I have also taken on the 2017 step and mile challenges on here as well so I think I'm kicking things off right, but would greatly appreciate support.

Replies

• missteena88
    missteena88 Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me. You can do it! I have way more to lose and I'm determined to get it done
  • julistehr
    julistehr Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    I have the same weight goal as you! I'm 222 today with a goal of 160. Feel free to add me, I'm always looking for help and motivation:)
  • cbrestensky
    cbrestensky Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    I can't figure out how to send friend requests in the community again, but would love to have more people along for the journey. I would like to lose 75 more pounds this year and intend to do this. I still have some really good active friends from last year, but unfortunately many have dropped off along the way. If you send a friend request, I'll gladly accept! Let's make 2017 a great year!
  • 2016ItStartsToday
    2016ItStartsToday Posts: 8 Member
    edited January 2017
    Options
    I too, am starting Nutrisystem...well, I'm a week in already but would love to have food-minded friends. I'm also a part of the fitbit community! Love my Blaze!!!!! I'll send you a friend request :smiley: I want to....NO! I'm going to lose 70+ lbs this year!!!
  • Stefie_G
    Stefie_G Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    You can add me if you like. I've gone from 222 to 160 (with a final goal of 133). I also did C25K and track on FitBit. You can do it! :smiley:
  • hollyberry6182
    hollyberry6182 Posts: 345 Member
    Options
    I went from 238lbs to 156lbs. It took me about a year to get to 168lbs. I ate clean and healthy foods and exercised regularly, trying something new all the time and pushing my self. I started the c25k 4 months in and that helped a lot. I entered myself into 5k races just to have motivation. I was never the quickest, but I loved the feeling of finishing! 10k are my usual now!
    I love my Fitbit! I now have the charge 2.

Feel free to add me. I'm recently dedicated again so should be quite active. X
  • Birdie1952
    Birdie1952 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    I started Nutrisystem on Feb 4th. I will be completed with my first week of "Turbo Takeoff Week" tomorrow. I am down 5 pounds so far. My starting weight was 217. My goal is 170. I am going to keep up with my calories here on MF. Would love to have you guys as a support group.
  • Laura040
    Laura040 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me! I've gone from 240 to 169 in a little over a years time. I still have about 30 pounds I want to lose before reaching goal weight :) you can definitely do this!
  • m2marsh
    m2marsh Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Birdie1952 wrote: »
    I started Nutrisystem on Feb 4th. I will be completed with my first week of "Turbo Takeoff Week" tomorrow. I am down 5 pounds so far. My starting weight was 217. My goal is 170. I am going to keep up with my calories here on MF. Would love to have you guys as a support group.

Great start! I use NS as well, and routinely use MFP to track my calories and stats.
  • twinzmom172
    twinzmom172 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Love reading these! Just started NS a few days ago and my weight goals are very close to those above. I'm a WW lifetime member that fell off the wagon a long time ago and just haven't been able to get myself back on. I also just started using MFP and Fitbit again which I think are both very helpful! Keep up the great work and keep posting those successes!!
  • redd_dayspring12
    redd_dayspring12 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    I went from 264 to 192. I started in July. If you need help add me !
  • start_Nutrisystem_2017
    Options
    I started Nutrisystem yesterday, 2/13/17, at 198.0 pounds at 5 foot 9. My first day of Nutrisystem foods included a caramel apple muffin, homestyle chicken, a cinnamon bun bar, hearty beef stew, and sweet & salty snack mix. Along with other foods I ate 1,303 calories and exercised off 311. On Valentine's Day my weight is 196.4, down 1.6 pounds. Today's breakfast was oatmeal cranberry bites, a hard-boiled egg and 4 oz of 1% milk.
  • Birdie1952
    Birdie1952 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    How are you doing on your Nutrisystem? I am down another 2 pounds. Makes a total of 7 since Feb 4th.