Valentine's day

Options

Replies

• UltimateTrashBae
    UltimateTrashBae Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    I'm working the day of but I've got a HUGE date planned with my husband. I was so excited, I wrote a whole post about it! It's gonna be grand.
  • Anonymous_fiend
    Anonymous_fiend Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    Having an anti Valentine's Day party with my friends.

Oh sounds fun. If I'm not taken next year ill plan one of those
  • fabcharley
    fabcharley Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    miritikvah wrote: »
    Having an anti Valentine's Day party with my friends.

Oh sounds fun. If I'm not taken next year ill plan one of those

Agreed!
  • The__Wolf
    The__Wolf Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    Going to enjoy it by not caring about Hallmark holidays.
  • Angela937
    Angela937 Posts: 514 Member
    Options
    We will be staying in, eating pizza, and watching movies all night. I got him some chocolates. This is our first V-day together!
  • TonyB0588
    TonyB0588 Posts: 9,520 Member
    Options
    Angela937 wrote: »
    What are your plans?

No special plans. She is my Valentine 365 days each year.
  • Lounmoun
    Lounmoun Posts: 8,426 Member
    Options
    Making family dinner at home. Hoping everyone will be well by then.
    It isn't a big deal holiday to us.
  • bbell1985
    bbell1985 Posts: 4,572 Member
    Options
    Hopefully sex and wine and maybe chocolate
  • RosieS_1980
    RosieS_1980 Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    Steak and a movie...

With my dog <3:p
  • RunHardBeStrong
    RunHardBeStrong Posts: 33,069 Member
    Options
    jtegirl1 wrote: »
    LL5lifts wrote: »
    Just remember all of you mfper's.....make sure you guys don't post all your happy happy joy joy valentines day crap that nobody really wants to read about...some of your friends just might want to kick a few kittens or something on that day. Keep that in mind......

This is why I stay off FB on holidays. No joke.

Same. I won't go in FB Tuesday, I dance only see so many bouquets of flowers before I want to punch babies.
  • PandoraGreen721
    PandoraGreen721 Posts: 450 Member
    Options
    John Wick 2

That sounds like a good plan..I loved the first.

• RunHardBeStrong
    RunHardBeStrong Posts: 33,069 Member
    Options
    Just remember all of you mfper's.....make sure you guys don't post all your happy happy joy joy valentines day crap that nobody really wants to read about...some of your friends just might want to kick a few kittens or something on that day. Keep that in mind......

Same. I won't go in FB Tuesday, I dance only see so many bouquets of flowers before I want to punch babies.

Yeah, I won't go through my feed. I may get on to look at some of my favorite meme pages, but that's it. This is my 4th one alone. Last one married I made a nice dinner, cupcakes with pink frosting for his co-workers, red velvet cake balls and strawberries dipped in chocolate for him (I hate strawberries) and he didn't even get me a card. :/

I am not single, but even though for years, I did the nice dinner, dessert, candles.. Whatever surprises I came up with that year, he has never done anything in return. In 20 years he hasn't even said Happy Valentine's Day, Happy Birthday or Happy Mother's Day let alone get a card, flowers or take me out on those days.. So I quit doing anything for him on any of "his" days a few years ago. At this point, I want to just be single instead of feeling alone all the time even though there is someone here.
  • ktrulez
    ktrulez Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    spending time at the gym
  • FeraFilia
    FeraFilia Posts: 4,664 Member
    Options

Yeah, I won't go through my feed. I may get on to look at some of my favorite meme pages, but that's it. This is my 4th one alone. Last one married I made a nice dinner, cupcakes with pink frosting for his co-workers, red velvet cake balls and strawberries dipped in chocolate for him (I hate strawberries) and he didn't even get me a card. :/

I am not single, but even though for years, I did the nice dinner, dessert, candles.. Whatever surprises I came up with that year, he has never done anything in return. In 20 years he hasn't even said Happy Valentine's Day, Happy Birthday or Happy Mother's Day let alone get a card, flowers or take me out on those days.. So I quit doing anything for him on any of "his" days a few years ago. At this point, I want to just be single instead of feeling alone all the time even though there is someone here.

I am not single, either. Married 6 years. My husband is not romantic at all, and I think I taught him that was okay because for a long time I told him I didn't want it. I didn't tell him I didn't want it because I didn't feel like I deserved it. Now I don't know how to tell him I'd like it if he gave it a try every now and then.

I'm sorry you're going through this. :(
  • FeraFilia
    FeraFilia Posts: 4,664 Member
    Options
    FeraFilia wrote: »

I am not single, either. Married 6 years. My husband is not romantic at all, and I think I taught him that was okay because for a long time I told him I didn't want it. I didn't tell him I didn't want it because I didn't feel like I deserved it. Now I don't know how to tell him I'd like it if he gave it a try every now and then.

I'm sorry you're going through this. :(

Just tell him. It sounds like he does nice things from what you've posted. I'm sure he'd rather know what you really want, then to not know and have you be unhappy.

I should. But I'm "attack it head on" and he's "I hate confrontation" and there might be a fight lol.