Looking for Keto Friends! (or anyone else who wants healthy, supportive friends!)

Options
Hi all! I've been on MFP for a few years now. I've just started Keto and I'm 1 week in. I'm fighting sugar withdrawals and hunger pangs. I need some support and recommendations to help me get over this hump haha. I would love to add some Keto friends to my support group, so feel free to send me a request :)

Replies

• dalaniz93
    dalaniz93 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I'm doing keto too!! A good website for keto is through Reddit. They have a lot of supporters and tips!

Www.reddit.com/r/keto
  • dalaniz93
    dalaniz93 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    At Walmart they have these sugar free jello parfaits! They're only 25 calories and 1 carb. I use them for sweet cravings or for fillers between meals! Lol
  • jes60411
    jes60411 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    what is keto?
  • Becca0005
    Becca0005 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I'm also unfamiliar with keto?
  • Ejcejcejc
    Ejcejcejc Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    I've been in ketosis for 6 months. Happy to have you friend me. My food diary is public so you can see what I have been eating. Week 1 can be tough....keep drinking your water, getting you salt and supplements. Once you are in ketosis you will feel great!
  • ms_smartypants
    ms_smartypants Posts: 8,278 Member
    edited February 2017
    Options
    I am a Keto'er.....I have lost 91 lbs in a little over 2 yrs. with 30 to go ....Feel free to add me .......Pinterest.com .........ruled.me.com .........dietdoctor.com......wickedstuff.com are all awesome sites that I use
  • ms_smartypants
    Options
    jes60411 wrote: »
    what is keto?

Keto is very low carbs ..moderate protein and high fat
  • mkinney07
    mkinney07 Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    dalaniz93 wrote: »
    At Walmart they have these sugar free jello parfaits! They're only 25 calories and 1 carb. I use them for sweet cravings or for fillers between meals! Lol

Thank you for the tips!
  • mkinney07
    Options
    Ejcejcejc wrote: »
    I've been in ketosis for 6 months. Happy to have you friend me. My food diary is public so you can see what I have been eating. Week 1 can be tough....keep drinking your water, getting you salt and supplements. Once you are in ketosis you will feel great!

Thank you! I think my biggest weakness right now is not drinking enough water. I will try to improve that! I'm alos noticing a lot of changes in my moods and appetite. It seems like my body is just trying to adjust.
  • mkinney07
    Options
    I am a Keto'er.....I have lost 91 lbs in a little over 2 yrs. with 30 to go ....Feel free to add me .......Pinterest.com .........ruled.me.com .........dietdoctor.com......wickedstuff.com are all awesome sites that I use

Thank you so much! 91 lbs is incredible, way to go!!
  • ms_smartypants
    Options
    mkinney07 wrote: »

Thank you so much! 91 lbs is incredible, way to go!!

You're welcome and thank you .....Feel free to join this awesome group with lots of info http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/394-low-carber-daily-forum-the-lcd-group
  • AprilSue
    AprilSue Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    Low carb here, close to keto but not quite there. Working with recipes and trying new things