Help me pick a program!

Options
So I have been doing the 30 Day Shred off and on for a while, and then consistently for the last week, with her 6 Week Six Pack daily with the shred. BUT I am so bored, I cannot do the same thing daily. I have had fairly good results in the week that I have been doing it but I am just too bored.

So my question is what are some programs that are similar, around an hour long, etc that won't be quite as repetitive?
I have looked into P90X and I would love to do it but can I do it with 5lb weights? And can I do like push ups and lat pull downs instead of chin/pull ups? I absolutely cannot afford larger weights or a pull up bar, so will that be detrimental to the program?

Would Insanity be good? Im not sure I want all cardio, I like the circuit style Jillian does too.

I know I could just rotate out Jillian dvds but I need a set schedule for me or I don't do well.

Any and all suggestions are appreciated!

Replies

• KSfitgal
    KSfitgal Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    Jazzercise would be good if your willing to pay to go some place, otherwise I think at home workouts become very repeptitive. However if it is working, it may be worth an hour of a little boredom to get good results!
  • grimms11208
    grimms11208 Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    I did P90X with only 5lb weights...if I go higher I tend to get bulky. I just got Insanity last week and although there are no weights involved it uses your body weight their are a lot of push ups and squats etc I LOVE it I have never worked out this hard before in such a short period of time...I am the same in that I get bored really easily but I literally do not have time to get bored with Insanity!
  • AmberBarrios
    AmberBarrios Posts: 394 Member
    Options
    Turbo jam is good too. I just sent you a message.
  • Buckeyt
    Buckeyt Posts: 473 Member
    Options
    If you want results from P90X, you'll need heavier weights. If that's a budget breaker look into a set of bands. You can use the bands as a sub for pullups.

If you do decide to do P90X, do the Classic version, not the Lean. The program was designed with three days of weights, that's how you'll get the best results. Don't mess with the Lean, you'll get leaner doing the Classic.

Did I mention do the classic version!

Tim
  • GaveUp
    GaveUp Posts: 308
    Options
    I just started Turbo Fire today. I'm hoping I dont get bored with it. It is a scheduled program so it has cardio, toning and stretching workouts
  • inkedlala
    inkedlala Posts: 20
    Options
    I tried TurboFire a few times and while I love the intensity I am kind of uncoordinated and have always had a really hard time with kick boxing style stuff, although Chalene was a fun instructor!

I wish I could afford to get resitance bands for P90X because of all the amazing results I have seen.

Thanks everyone for your input so far, keep it coming!
  • baisleac
    baisleac Posts: 2,019 Member
    Options
    New Rules of Working out For Insane Zombie Survival (http://nrowfizs.blogspot.com/) Weights + Insanity. No gym required. We do it at home.
  • _GlaDOS_
    _GlaDOS_ Posts: 1,520 Member
    Options
    I agree that TurboFire or Turbo Jam are good options. I've finished 90 days of TurboFire and am now doing a hybrid program with TurboFire and ChaLEAN Extreme. I’d recommend ChaLEAN Extreme too if you want to get some really great strength training and ab work in. Both of these programs come with resistance bands and lower body bands to use with the workouts. I have the weights Chalene uses in ChaLEAN Extreme, but it always looks like the resistance bands work really well with it too.

Insanity, in my opinion, is meant for those who are already pretty physically fit, and I’ve heard from a couple people that it actually gets pretty repetitive, but some people really love it, so it just depends on what you’re looking for. I was doing the 30 Day Shred for a while, and it just wasn’t enough for me. The beachbody programs are truly full programs that are challenging and really push you to do more.
  • inkedlala
    inkedlala Posts: 20
    Options
    Thanks for the input every one.
    I'm still kind of undecided....
  • ckoerperich
    Options
    I love excercise DVD's and have a large collection. Collagevideo.com is a great site with previews of all the videos, reviews, etc... Some of my favorites are Jari Love, Paul Katami and Patrick Goudeau., as well as Jillian Michels and Bob Harper.