FF Calorie Shockers

Options

Replies

• Famof72015
    Famof72015 Posts: 393 Member
    Options
    bbell1985 wrote: »
    Famof72015 wrote: »
    I need a good chip. What are some healthy chips!!!!!!!! Or not healthy per se but where I can eat more than 10 chips

Glenny's soy crisps. Pretty large bag for 120 cals and I think like 9g of protein too.

I'll have to see if they sell that in Iowa
  • fitoverfortymom
    fitoverfortymom Posts: 3,452 Member
    Options
    I'm going to be in a city with an In N Out burger in two weeks and there is a Double Double with my name on it.
  • alyssa0061
    alyssa0061 Posts: 652 Member
    Options
    alyssa0061 wrote: »
    I need a good chip. What are some healthy chips!!!!!!!! Or not healthy per se but where I can eat more than 10 chips

Veggie straws or veggies chips. Huge portion for 30g

Is the portion bigger because they are lighter? All chip servings are like 30-40g so I just figured these would look about the same portion wise. But then I thought...maybe the portion will feel bigger since they seem like they weigh less.

Yes, it fills up a whole Glad tupperware bowl. A 30g serving of regular potato chips would barely cover the bottom. And I love the taste. I ate them long before I started losing weight over potato chips.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,874 Member
    Options
    Calories in various things wasn't particularly shocking...I knew intuitively what things were high calorie and not so much...getting a handle on what appropriate portions of many things was another matter...
    A hamburger at mc Donald s is god knows how much

hamburger is 250...cheeseburger is 300...double cheeseburger is 430
  • lightenup2016
    lightenup2016 Posts: 1,055 Member
    Options
    Dee_D33 wrote: »
    cuadrado12 wrote: »
    I remember looking at the Avocado Lime dressing packet at Chick Fil A- it was over 300 calories. Very eye opening when you're just getting a salad... it's my favorite dressing, too!!!

I worked at Chick Fil A for a few years and you would not believe the amount of people who would order a salad, make a comment about how they're trying to be "health conscious" and then proceed to ask for an extra packet of ALR dressing... they fit nicely in the group of people that would ask for fries with no backs (skins) because "the skin has the most calories" and for us to put the smallest filet available on their sandwich, because obviously an ounce or two makes ALL the difference.

?? The bolded part? Why would they think that? Because of "loaded potato skins" they associate as having a lot of calories?
  • rdc1913
    rdc1913 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I'm with you @frannieshack. It's Captain D's, but it's so good! So when I give in to my Captain D's craving, I'll get the fried fish that has the excess calories but get healthy veggies as the sides like green beans (which are really good there). That helps satisfy my craving and stay within my goal.
  • cmtigger
    cmtigger Posts: 1,450 Member
    Options
    I remember looking at the Avocado Lime dressing packet at Chick Fil A- it was over 300 calories. Very eye opening when you're just getting a salad... it's my favorite dressing, too!!!

I worked at Chick Fil A for a few years and you would not believe the amount of people who would order a salad, make a comment about how they're trying to be "health conscious" and then proceed to ask for an extra packet of ALR dressing... they fit nicely in the group of people that would ask for fries with no backs (skins) because "the skin has the most calories" and for us to put the smallest filet available on their sandwich, because obviously an ounce or two makes ALL the difference.

?? The bolded part? Why would they think that? Because of "loaded potato skins" they associate as having a lot of calories?

Maybe because they have been told to avoid chicken skin?
  • ksmommy5
    ksmommy5 Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    We are canadian and when we travel to South Carolina, we love to hit up Sonic for their happy hour shakes. Sometimes twice in one day. At over 1000 calories for a small I don't think we will be headed there anymore.
  • Dee_D33
    Dee_D33 Posts: 106 Member
    Options

I honestly have no idea. Maybe they were told that the skin of fruits and veggies had the most nutrients and they thought that meant the most calories? My job was to serve the food not ask questions lol.
  • Chunkahlunkah
    Chunkahlunkah Posts: 373 Member
    Options
    Most calorie counts make sense to me and don't surprise me. A notable exception is brownies from a box mix. To my eyes, the serving size is ridiculously small for the number of calories.
  • Allison22451
    Allison22451 Posts: 686 Member
    Options

Glenny's soy crisps. Pretty large bag for 120 cals and I think like 9g of protein too.

I'll have to see if they sell that in Iowa

JicaChips- Jicama chips are a new fave of mine. I just discovered them. You can eat the whole bag for 100cals. =)

Now I'm on a quest looking for jicama tortillas. I could make my own if I owed a large mandolin, but I don't.
  • Noreenmarie1234
    Noreenmarie1234 Posts: 7,493 Member
    Options
    A hamburger at mc Donald s is god knows how much

plain reg hamburger isnt that bad like 250
  • Noreenmarie1234
    Noreenmarie1234 Posts: 7,493 Member
    Options
    pb and j sandwiches.....always thought they were lower calorie lol easily 600 a sandwich (without using lower cal versions of ingredients)
  • jbeth30
    jbeth30 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    I made homemade chocolate chip cookies from the back of the giradelli package. 150 calories for just one
  • Wadeeee
    Wadeeee Posts: 70 Member
    Options

This.
  • CaliMomTeach
    CaliMomTeach Posts: 745 Member
    Options
    French fries. I had no idea. Anything I used to eat at Cheescake Factory, especially the desserts. Like someone said in an earlier reply, knowledge is power. Also, sadly, I can never "unknow" that french fries have SO MANY calories.
  • klm62505
    klm62505 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Went to lunch at PF Changs. The lettuce wraps alone were 580 calories, not bad, right? 2600 mg salt. I had an eggroll (320 for 2, so 160), Pad Thai Shrimp, another 1,000 cals and 5200 mg sodium. We would've done better eating a regular hamburger and small fries from McDonalds (470 calories and 640 mg salt). We eat out so seldom I try not to think about it as I'm logging. And now my husband and I share a meal, unless we're both dead set on what we want to eat!
  • bobtiano
    bobtiano Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    went to Cafe Express got the Grilled Chicken (fresh romaine & spring mix lettuce with sliced grilled chicken, grape tomatoes, glazed pecans, crumbled bacon, croutons & Parmesan cheese

no cheese no crumbled bacon no croutons and no Parmesan cheese it stated on there nutritional Info 340 Cal,

Than they added dressing after eating I checked the cal for the dressing it was 400 cal I was pissed.

• VlpW
    VlpW Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    Mascarpone cheese! I'd never tasted it before and see it on cooking shows all the time, so I decided to buy a container. When I got home and saw the fat and calories I like to have died. I never ate it--couldn't have enjoyed after that, lol. No thanks, I'll just eat butter!
  • Wynterbourne
    Wynterbourne Posts: 2,209 Member
    Options
    VlpW wrote: »
    Mascarpone cheese! I'd never tasted it before and see it on cooking shows all the time, so I decided to buy a container. When I got home and saw the fat and calories I like to have died. I never ate it--couldn't have enjoyed after that, lol. No thanks, I'll just eat butter!

Mascarpone is the Italian version of cream cheese on steroids. It's a triple-crème cheese which means it's roughly 40% fat. To give you something to compare that number to, heavy whipping cream must contain a minimum of 36% fat. So yeah, it's gonna have some impressive numbers. Hehe