FF Calorie Shockers

Options

Replies

• apullum
    apullum Posts: 4,838 Member
    Options
    I've been here for a while, so I've been through a lot of surprises, but the one I still remember was the "hot pepper mix" at Which Wich. Which Wich is a sandwich chain where you mark a paper bag with all the things you want on your sandwich, and then they put the sandwich in that bag. Anyway, hot pepper mix sounded like a low calorie way to add some flavor. Nope! Turns out the peppers were marinated in a bunch of oil. 130 calories, 13 grams of fat. Ugh. For those numbers, I could have had chips.
  • Famof72015
    Famof72015 Posts: 393 Member
    Options
    I need a good chip. What are some healthy chips!!!!!!!! Or not healthy per se but where I can eat more than 10 chips
  • bbell1985
    bbell1985 Posts: 4,572 Member
    Options
    Famof72015 wrote: »
    I need a good chip. What are some healthy chips!!!!!!!! Or not healthy per se but where I can eat more than 10 chips

Glenny's soy crisps. Pretty large bag for 120 cals and I think like 9g of protein too.
  • bbell1985
    Options
    bbell1985 wrote: »

Glenny's soy crisps. Pretty large bag for 120 cals and I think like 9g of protein too.

Food should taste good sweet potato chips. SO good.

I like these personally.
  • alyssa0061
    alyssa0061 Posts: 652 Member
    Options

Veggie straws or veggies chips. Huge portion for 30g
  • bbell1985
    Options
    alyssa0061 wrote: »

Veggie straws or veggies chips. Huge portion for 30g

Is the portion bigger because they are lighter? All chip servings are like 30-40g so I just figured these would look about the same portion wise. But then I thought...maybe the portion will feel bigger since they seem like they weigh less.
  • crawfishgirl333
    crawfishgirl333 Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    A hamburger at mc Donald s is god knows how much
  • Evamutt
    Evamutt Posts: 2,391 Member
    Options
    I've always loved french fries, I didn't eat them often, but huge amount of calories , salad dressings, cookies, even one
  • GailLee4
    GailLee4 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Red Lobster shrimp linguine is not only high in calories, but the sodium is outrageous! I easily retain water, so I watch the sodium lest the scales be up for three days and I find myself discouraged.
  • dlach86
    dlach86 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Realizing I have never been close on portion control in my life. Now it seems like torture.
  • bbell1985
    Options

It's pretty easy to find out. I think it's not that bad actually. Like 500-600 calories or something.
  • arrghmatey1
    arrghmatey1 Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    McDonald’s: Big Mac: 540 calories

McDonald’s: Quarter Pounder with cheese: 540 calories

McDonald’s: Mac Grand: 860 calories

———————————————————————–

Five Guys: Cheeseburger: 840 calories

————————————————————————–

Burger King: Whopper with cheese: 710 calories

Burger King: Double Whopper with cheese: 930 calories

In-N-Out: Cheeseburger with spread and onions: 480 calories

In-N-Out: Double-Double with spread and onions: 670 calories

Carl’s Jr.: Famous Star with cheese: 670 calories

Carl’s Jr.: Super Star with cheese: 930 calories

—————————————————————————

Wendy’s: Dave’s Single (no cheese): 550 calories

Wendy’s: Dave’s Double (no cheese): 790 calories

Jack in the Box: Jumbo Jack with cheese: 570 calories

Jack in the Box: Double Jack: 830 calories
  • cmtigger
    cmtigger Posts: 1,450 Member
    Options
    Butter. Especially what I'd like to put on popcorn.
  • Dee_D33
    Dee_D33 Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    cuadrado12 wrote: »
    I remember looking at the Avocado Lime dressing packet at Chick Fil A- it was over 300 calories. Very eye opening when you're just getting a salad... it's my favorite dressing, too!!!

I worked at Chick Fil A for a few years and you would not believe the amount of people who would order a salad, make a comment about how they're trying to be "health conscious" and then proceed to ask for an extra packet of ALR dressing... they fit nicely in the group of people that would ask for fries with no backs (skins) because "the skin has the most calories" and for us to put the smallest filet available on their sandwich, because obviously an ounce or two makes ALL the difference.
  • MelanieCN77
    MelanieCN77 Posts: 4,047 Member
    Options
    The tostada salad at El Pollo Loco. Too bad, so sad. I mean all I really want is the taco shell and a side of ranch but still.
  • MelanieCN77
    MelanieCN77 Posts: 4,047 Member
    Options

That's only 300!
  • frannieshack
    frannieshack Posts: 327 Member
    Options
    Yes, I'll have a Big Mac Grand and a diet coke please!
  • RandiNoelle
    RandiNoelle Posts: 374 Member
    Options
    Most burgers at fast food joints. Braum's burgers are my favorite and I crave them every so often but haven't had one in over a year.
  • mamadon
    mamadon Posts: 1,422 Member
    Options
    We have a local chain called Zips. My occasional treat is their bacon cheese burger, fries and tartar. They have the best tartar ever. No idea of the calorie count always have to guesstimate.