FF Calorie Shockers

Options
When I first started logging my calories into MFP. I was shocked at the calories in my lunch I picked up at Captain D's:
Captains sandwich, 1,085 calories, with a side of coleslaw, 180 calories. CRAZY!
I probably added cheese to the sandwich as well. My calorie goal for the day was 1,200

What meals that you were eating has shocked you?

Replies

• pinuplove
    pinuplove Posts: 12,874 Member
    Options
    Taco Casa's taco salads are 1397 calories :disappointed: Not exactly shocking but still a tragedy in my book, as they are delicious.
  • laceyslabaugh
    laceyslabaugh Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    I enjoy pizza on occasion and I like the Lean Cuisine Pepperoni French Bread - 310 calories :(
  • cuadrado12
    cuadrado12 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    I remember looking at the Avocado Lime dressing packet at Chick Fil A- it was over 300 calories. Very eye opening when you're just getting a salad... it's my favorite dressing, too!!!
  • frannieshack
    frannieshack Posts: 327 Member
    Options
    Knowledge is power!
  • MsUrsy
    MsUrsy Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Making my own omelets; 2 eggs, 2 slices of turkey bacon, chopped onion, mushroom and feta cheese, comes to over 300 calories. I didn't think it would add up to so many calories.
  • jessiferrrb
    jessiferrrb Posts: 1,758 Member
    Options
    veggie chipotle burrito with chips and salsa is 1725 calories and 3530 sodium.

i die.
  • jessiferrrb
    jessiferrrb Posts: 1,758 Member
    Options
    bbell1985 wrote: »
    I think in my first two months of logging I got a premade salad. It had feta, walnuts, and dried cranberries. A lot of all the things too. When I went to log the thing...I had this like, 900 calorie salad. Never again.

you'll pry the whole foods salad bar from my cold dead hands though. i've tried to estimate those, it's not pretty, but it does fill me up for the whole day.
  • hawkmancody
    hawkmancody Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    Those little itsy bitsy teeny weeny frozen small pizzas. 410 calories per 1/4 ouch! I can make a bigger pizza with more bacon sausage and cheese and it's only twice as filling as the frozen one for about the same calories. How do they pack so many calories into a little frozen pizza!?
  • zdyb23456
    zdyb23456 Posts: 1,706 Member
    Options
    veggie chipotle burrito with chips and salsa is 1725 calories and 3530 sodium.

i die.

Wow!
  • l911jnt
    l911jnt Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    I was shocked when my family got to go sandwiches from Firehouse. Turkey is usually the best option... their Turkey sandwich is like 790 calories! I almost had a stroke! Its more than the steak and cheese! NO turkey from Firehouse lol.
  • bbell1985
    bbell1985 Posts: 4,572 Member
    Options
    l911jnt wrote: »
    I was shocked when my family got to go sandwiches from Firehouse. Turkey is usually the best option... their Turkey sandwich is like 790 calories! I almost had a stroke! Its more than the steak and cheese! NO turkey from Firehouse lol.

Super easy to make an 800 calorie sandwich. That's like...norm. When I look back on how I ate...bread, cheese, turkey, avocado. Yeah. Easy.
  • mamadon
    mamadon Posts: 1,422 Member
    Options
    Fiver Guys Burger and Red Robin. Talk about sticker shock!
  • rhtexasgal
    rhtexasgal Posts: 572 Member
    Options
    What depresses me is that my favorite hint of lime tostitos averages about 7 whole chips for 210 calorie serving - Yikes! 7 chips? Sucks ... I discovered Beanitos brand and they are better, especially since you get about 5 grams of protein per serving too.
  • alyssa0061
    alyssa0061 Posts: 652 Member
    Options
    mamadon wrote: »
    Fiver Guys Burger and Red Robin. Talk about sticker shock!

The Banzai burger with fries at Red Robin is over my maintenance! In one meal!

But worth it occasionally.
  • estherdragonbat
    estherdragonbat Posts: 5,283 Member
    Options
    Timothy's has a red velvet cake at 995 calories per piece.
  • reneec257
    reneec257 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Chili's Boneless Buffalo Chicken Salad
    Calories 1030
    Total Carbohydrate 47g
    Total Fat 72g
  • reneec257
    reneec257 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    McDonalds Strawberry Shake
    520 calories