Need accountability buddies!! What's your story?

Options

Replies

• dewdrop129
    dewdrop129 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    This is a great thread. Anyone can add me please.

I am in the process of quitting smoking and trying to incorporate an overall healthier lifestyle. I have let my weight go for the last year. I haven't lost weight yet but I've managed to stop the weight gain which is important to me while I am quitting cigs. Plus I am learning SO much from other people and paying attention to the foods I eat and studying nutrition more!.

Thank you all for sharing your stories and experience.
  • delisha527
    delisha527 Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    dewdrop129 wrote: »
    This is a great thread. Anyone can add me please.

I am in the process of quitting smoking and trying to incorporate an overall healthier lifestyle. I have let my weight go for the last year. I haven't lost weight yet but I've managed to stop the weight gain which is important to me while I am quitting cigs. Plus I am learning SO much from other people and paying attention to the foods I eat and studying nutrition more!.

Thank you all for sharing your stories and experience.

I struggled with smoking too what helped me was a vapor stick congrats on your weight loss journey!!!
  • vae0033
    vae0033 Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    Hi, i'm new to MFP. I'm constantly battling the bulge - but illness over the last couple of years and major life upheaveal leading to fairly sedentry living, bad food habits meant I put on about 2 stone quite quickly. I'm currently 202lbs and would love to reduce this by at least 30lbs (2lb weekly) by summer.

Good luck on your journeys everyone and feel free to add me.
  • humpbax
    humpbax Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Sounds like I'm in the same boat as you guys! Lost 17 kilos (approx 38lbs) and then due to medication and stress gained 20kilos back. Have started over again. Have been walking 6 days a week for 4 weeks. My food intake has gotten smaller but I need people to help . Most of my current friends are gone or very quiet!! Please add me!!!
  • redladie49
    redladie49 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hello!! I've tried this so many times. I admire your hard work and dedication. Can you add me I could use all the help I could get. Im trying to lose 35lbs among other things.. I'm an emotional eater and I just broke up with my boyfriend. So again I could use all the motivation and accountability partners!! Plus I don't know how to add people.
  • candie321
    candie321 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Just added you. To piggy back on you would love to have people add me too. I'm 39 and have been dieting half my life. Currently 220 was 270 at my highest. I have a 3 1/2 year old boy and have had 4 miscarriages and both my parents have died so I guess I have been an emotional eater to say the least. Currently eating 1500 calories and working out at goodlife fitness 4 times a week!!
  • warm_fuzzy
    warm_fuzzy Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone! Recovering binge eater here. Looking for new friends to support and be supported by. I would love to be your friend! I keep an open diary and log it all - the good, bad, and ugly! If it goes in my mouth, it goes in my lot. Please feel free to add me ❤️
  • hockeywife7
    hockeywife7 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hello. Please add me. I have been on a yoyo weight loss all my life. I am currently 200 lbs and my goal is to lose about 2 lbs per week. I would like to lose at least 40 lbs and be more healthy and feel better about myself. I work shift work(12 hour nights) and I find it hard to plan meals etc for my day and into my night. Any suggestions on how to cope with the 2am cravings?
  • hi2heather76
    hi2heather76 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Afternoon everyone. Day 3 for me. Its been a struggle. Live in Louisiana and its Mardi Gras time!!! In the break room at this time is King Cake!!! We have on in the office every week. Its been so hard but I haven't caved in. I feel hungry all the time. But I have two important engagements this year and I need to lose weight. One in June and a cruise in Sept. Hope everyone has a good day!!
  • 100poundsx
    100poundsx Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    First off, congratulations on getting back on track. It's so so so so hard!!! I have been at this for almost a year now and only lost 45 pounds. I've had my ups and downs and moments where I wanted to give in to my unhealthy relationship with food. But doing this at a snails pace has slowly helped me rewire my brain and how I think about food. I'm starting to understand you eat to live, not live to eat.

Feel free to add me! I have another 55+ pounds to lose before my journey is complete.
  • delisha527
    Options
    humpbax wrote: »
    Sounds like I'm in the same boat as you guys! Lost 17 kilos (approx 38lbs) and then due to medication and stress gained 20kilos back. Have started over again. Have been walking 6 days a week for 4 weeks. My food intake has gotten smaller but I need people to help . Most of my current friends are gone or very quiet!! Please add me!!!

I love having friends on here my friends who live close by just aren't into working out and being healthy. I really lean on mfp when I need that extra push or motivation
  • shellsarin
    shellsarin Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Jandjaldrich-I am so sorry for your loss. I was just diagnosed with pre diabetes and that really scared me. On lchf diet and am adding exercise into the mix. One thing that I have noticed on this thread is people are talking about weight loss for health over beauty and that is Awesome! Thanks for everyone's story! It's encouraging!
  • delisha527
    Options
    IT'S FRIDAY!!!!! I JUST WANNA TAKE A BREAK FROM WORK AND JUST SHOUT OUT EVERYONE ON AN AWESOME JOB THEIR DOING STARTING AND CONTINUING THEIR FITNESS JOURNEY!!!

• emm3rs
    emm3rs Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I got diagnosed with Hashimoto's (auto-immune disease that attacks your own thyroid resulting in hypothyroidism) 6 weeks ago, and I have been put on levothyroxine and have become therapeutic since then.

Now knowing what was causing my weight gain despite my best efforts, I have been fixed with my medication, and now I am looking forward to loosing the weight!! I would love to have like minded people join me on my journey, and help hold me accountable and encourage me to meet my goals.

SW: 275
    CW: 261
    GW: 150

Nice to meet you all !
  • DynaGirl2006
    DynaGirl2006 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hi, everyone. I've been on MFP for quite a few years. I've found it helps me to track my activity and food when trying to control my weight. I spent my younger years being able to eat whatever I wanted and never gaining. I had a beautiful daughter and actually weighed less 2 weeks after delivery than before I got pregnant. Then I got older. Wow, that makes a change. I'm a mood eater - I eat when I'm depressed, stressed, frustrated. I was doing pretty good for a long time just by paying attention to the 2 or 3 lbs that I'd put on and getting it worked off right away. Then I moved. From sunny, warm Georgia <3 to cold, rainy, gloomy Seattle area. In only 3 years, I managed to put on around 40 lbs! My daughter is grown and I have a grandson now who is 8 years old. I love that boy with all my heart and need to be healthy enough to keep up with him and be a strong influence and inspiration in his life as well as my daughter's. Since seeing how bad I look in clothes that used to fit and look great on me depresses me, my natural instinct is to eat, but I'm trying to change that. I am definitely interested in providing and receiving motivation.
  • Sector725
    Sector725 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Hey y'all! My lowest weight that I can remember in my adult life was 204 in 2009. Fast Forward to December 2016 and I was at 304. F&$%!!!!! Okay so I get back on MFP and I've been diligent for 8.5 weeks and am down to 284.8, almost 20 pounds! My first goal is to get to 250. Then my next goal will be to 200. Then to 150 *fingers crossed*. I'm 5'10 and I think 150-170 would be a great weight for me. Let's do this people!!! Add me! Having a support group is the most important thing to my success!!!
  • Kamife
    Kamife Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Hello there!
    My name is Katrina. I'm 21, 5'7" and I currently weigh 212 lbs. My goal weight is 165 lbs however I'm getting married in May and I'd like to lose about 20 lbs at least for that. I've struggled with weight for awhile and have finally been able to stick to a plan and better myself. I'm 5lbs down so far (baby steps!) So I would love to help one another reach their goals and share tips. Have a lovely day or evening everyone, wherever you may be! Please shoot me a message or request! :)
  • marinadenman
    marinadenman Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone! This is my story..I was 425 in 2011 and that was my wake-up call. I dropped 87ish lbs by changing my lifestyle...Well, a divorce, new marriage and 2 year old daughter later I've gained it all back. It doesn't help that we moved from always warm Corpus Christi, TX to Spokane, WA. I truly don't know what I weigh right now. I have to go to the Dr. One thing is for certain, I'm so done with this weight and am determined to never be this big again. I just started back up 8 days ago and have been doing really well with my eating but definitely need to start walking. You're all welcome to add me if you'd like. I hope everyone has a great day!!
  • delisha527
    Options
    emm3rs wrote: »
    I got diagnosed with Hashimoto's (auto-immune disease that attacks your own thyroid resulting in hypothyroidism) 6 weeks ago, and I have been put on levothyroxine and have become therapeutic since then.

Now knowing what was causing my weight gain despite my best efforts, I have been fixed with my medication, and now I am looking forward to loosing the weight!! I would love to have like minded people join me on my journey, and help hold me accountable and encourage me to meet my goals.

SW: 275
    CW: 261
    GW: 150

Nice to meet you all !
    Wow that's awesome!!! I've known a few people with thyroid issues that had to have surgery congrats to you on your weight loss journey!!!!

• delisha527
    Options
    Hi everyone! This is my story..I was 425 in 2011 and that was my wake-up call. I dropped 87ish lbs by changing my lifestyle...Well, a divorce, new marriage and 2 year old daughter later I've gained it all back. It doesn't help that we moved from always warm Corpus Christi, TX to Spokane, WA. I truly don't know what I weigh right now. I have to go to the Dr. One thing is for certain, I'm so done with this weight and am determined to never be this big again. I just started back up 8 days ago and have been doing really well with my eating but definitely need to start walking. You're all welcome to add me if you'd like. I hope everyone has a great day!!

Starting anything is hard but just like ur divorce you picked yourself up and went on to find a new loving husband your a strong woman I can tell your gonna crush your goals!!!