Flavored water??

I've been drinking those carbonated flavored waters. They claim to be 0 calories and no sugars. I drink one when I get tired of tea and water as an alternative to sofa. Are they healthy or am I fooling myself?

Replies

• TiffanyLoveG
    TiffanyLoveG Posts: 76 Member
    Soda*
  • cmtigger
    cmtigger Posts: 1,450 Member
    edited February 2017
    There are lots of different ones. I'm currently hooked on la croix. I like the peach pear and coconut. It's a way to get more water into me without sodium or calories.

I don't think they are unhealthy, as long as you make sure that the ones you are drinking don't have sodium.
  • kxbrown27
    kxbrown27 Posts: 769 Member
    edited February 2017
    I love those things. I dont know if they are healthy, but I wouldn't label them unhealthy either. Go ahead and drink them. You'll be fine.
  • elphie754
    elphie754 Posts: 7,574 Member
    Most have the same ingredients as diet soda. Neither are unhealthy or healthy, they are just fluid.
  • ms_smartypants
    ms_smartypants Posts: 8,278 Member
    I like Mio (flavored enhancer)
  • 2Luverly
    2Luverly Posts: 143 Member
    edited February 2017
    I've come to really enjoy "Stur" water enhancer. Natural flavours and made with stevia for sweetness.
  • cmtigger
    cmtigger Posts: 1,450 Member
    elphie754 wrote: »
    Most have the same ingredients as diet soda. Neither are unhealthy or healthy, they are just fluid.

I'd say about half have diet sweetners. About half- like la croix, Dasani, and Calistoga have no sweeteners or sodium.
  • cuadrado12
    cuadrado12 Posts: 43 Member
    I'd check the ingredient label first.

I like La Croix and it does not have added artificial sweeteners.
  • OhMsDiva
    OhMsDiva Posts: 1,073 Member
    I love them too. I don't keep them at home, but whenever I am in a store that sells them I buy one. They are so good.
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    Soda*

This^

Same thing as soda. If they help you stay within goal, if they help you stay hydrated.....nothing wrong with them.
  • Ready2Rock206
    Ready2Rock206 Posts: 9,487 Member
    I would say neutral. They're hydrating and if you like them then go ahead and drink them. I have a soda stream so I've been trying to not spend money on them and just use my soda steam at home but either way I drink carbonated flavored water regularly.