Fell off weekend

Options
So I'm feeling pretty terrible right now. I have been doing pretty good as far as controlling my splurge days last night I was going to have only a splurge meal ( first in 11 days) I ended up with over 2000 calories but made it one meal. Today has been terrible I've ate all day. I hate it when I lose control like this.. I know I'll get back on track hard and heavy tomorrow but feel I've just waisted so much.

Replies

• sbrandt37
    sbrandt37 Posts: 403 Member
    edited February 2017
    Options
    Forgive yourself. A bad day or two isn't enough to ruin 11 days of progress. At worst, it probably cost you a few days progress. Learn from it and move on.

I personally don't do "splurge meals" or "cheat days", as I feel they encourage unhealthy ways of thinking about food and eating. I aim for modest calorie deficits daily and if I feel like eating over my calorie target, I do, as long as it is balanced by a corresponding deficit in the preview few days. I have lost 54 pounds that way.

• MoodyFoodie23
    MoodyFoodie23 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Does this happen all the time when you have a meal like this? or is this the first time since joining MFP that you've tried this method?

Cheat meals are not for everyone and don't always work for everyone.
    Whatever foods you happened to of stuck into the cheat category need to be worked back into your regular diet 7 days per week at normal portions, develope a new view on them, teach yourself that you can have these foods any time you want, you don't really need to cheat.

This right here is great advice! I am a sucker for chocolate and peanut butter! So if craving it I'll try and fit it into my macros somehow so I don't feel guilty if I do indeed eat it.