Foods I said "No!" to today!

Options

Replies

• suzooz
    suzooz Posts: 720 Member
    Options
    I said "no" to a bag of Twizzlers. I needed a snack and to get gas on the way home from work tonight. Instead, I had a "reasonable" bag of kettle corn popcorn. Went WAY over on my sodium today and will need to drink more water tomorrow, but at least it has fiber (I was trending short today)
  • christine24t
    christine24t Posts: 6,063 Member
    Options
    Ice cream!!!
  • arkenny
    arkenny Posts: 125
    Options
    bavarian apple torte
  • 27strange
    27strange Posts: 837 Member
    Options
    I said no to a sausage roll croissant someone brought into the office from a donut shop. (they are delcious by the way!)

I said no to a Hardees bacon, egg, and cheese biscuit a sales guy brought in to work. 530 calories! Yikes! No thank you!

I said no to a piece of birthday ice cream cake (from dairy queen) at work as well.

I said no to a can of pepsi or a can of mountain dew that was being handed out after lunch at work.

Good grief! When I look back on it I am quite proud of myself. Pat on the back!!! Its ridiculous how much naughty free food is available at work or that someone is trying to share.
  • madworld711
    Options
    i really like this thread. i said "no" to a flour tortilla at q'doba (i opted for the naked instead). i said no to the entire thing of chips and queso. i poured myself a small bowl of chips and a smaller serving of the queso-- then, i threw the rest away. all in all i would have been better off not ordering the queso and chips. but, i am pleased that i didn't eat the entire thing like i would have in the past.
  • hgellings
    hgellings Posts: 295 Member
    Options
    We went out for ice cream tonight and I said no to a chocolate dipped cone, but I really wanted one because it is SO hot out.
  • chezmama
    chezmama Posts: 396 Member
    Options
    I met my friend at McDonalds tonight. At the last minute I decided to have a salad instead of a cheeseburger and fries. And it was more satisfying than I thought it would be. I didn't eat a Cinnamelt, but I did have a hot fudge/caramel sundae. I also said no to breakfast had a light lunch...not because I was banking calories, but because I just wasn't hungry.
  • MrsSmith2010
    MrsSmith2010 Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    I was sooooo craving cheesecake ice cream from cold stone but I ate a serving of chocolate chip from my freezer instead :)
  • jessradtke
    jessradtke Posts: 418 Member
    Options
    I said "no" to my kids ;-)

I also said no to the jumbo size bags of candy at the checkout line in the SPORTING GOODS STORE. What's up with that?
  • Jconard
    Jconard Posts: 3
    Options
    Good job on not trying those cake pops!!! That is a tough one.
  • Jconard
    Jconard Posts: 3
    Options
    I said no to salt and pepper fried chicken, soda pop, and Hawaiian caramel chocolates!!! I had low fat graham crackers instead.
  • MissyFit08
    MissyFit08 Posts: 274 Member
    Options
    I was sooooo craving cheesecake ice cream from cold stone but I ate a serving of chocolate chip from my freezer instead :)

Cheeeesecaaaake is my Achille's Diet Heel :laugh: I LOVE Cheesecake!!! I can't let myself have one bite...not a taste or the whole pie will be gone. Good job resisting! Save it for a really special occasion!
  • Luvlicious
    Luvlicious Posts: 15
    Options
    i really like this thread. i said "no" to a flour tortilla at q'doba (i opted for the naked instead). i said no to the entire thing of chips and queso. i poured myself a small bowl of chips and a smaller serving of the queso-- then, i threw the rest away. all in all i would have been better off not ordering the queso and chips. but, i am pleased that i didn't eat the entire thing like i would have in the past.

Thanks! I love love the responds! This is only my day 2, but ever since I started I can make a long list of things I said "No!" to and wondered if others shared similar experience.....I don't feel so alone anymore lol
    By the way, great job on your "No!" Chips and queso....yummy!
  • Luvlicious
    Options
    I said no to salt and pepper fried chicken, soda pop, and Hawaiian caramel chocolates!!! I had low fat graham crackers instead.

OMG! I'm so glad we do not have Salt and Pepper fried chicken here..When I lived in San Diego..that was ish! 1 of along list of my fave foods >.< GREAT JOB!
  • Luvlicious
    Options

Cheeeesecaaaake is my Achille's Diet Heel :laugh: I LOVE Cheesecake!!! I can't let myself have one bite...not a taste or the whole pie will be gone. Good job resisting! Save it for a really special occasion!

It's a 45 minute drive to the nearest coldstone over here so it's much easier to say no to it lol.....But my vice from there would be Founder's Favorite with a banana! I don't know if I could've said "No!" if I was in the store smelling the ice cream and yummy goodness aroma.....I would be frantically trying to calculate how long I have to do a cardio to be able to eat a Love it size!
  • greenhydrangea
    greenhydrangea Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    i said no to the homemade coffee cake at work
  • MissyFit08
    MissyFit08 Posts: 274 Member
    Options

It's a 45 minute drive to the nearest coldstone over here so it's much easier to say no to it lol.....But my vice from there would be Founder's Favorite with a banana! I don't know if I could've said "No!" if I was in the store smelling the ice cream and yummy goodness aroma.....I would be frantically trying to calculate how long I have to do a cardio to be able to eat a Love it size!

Wow...I wish I was a 45 minute drive to any place that sold awesome cheesecake, I'm within 2 minutes of probably 5 stores that sell it! :laugh: I would be calculating the calories too! and then I'd just say oh well! I'll just work out extra time for cardio tomorrow! *sighs* :ohwell:
  • Alaranio
    Alaranio Posts: 75
    Options
    Starbucks this morning, grilled cheese at lunch, extra helping at dinner and finally... The Reese's peanut butter Cup (Big Cup) that I so badly wanted.
  • Luvlicious
    Options
    I said no to a sausage roll croissant someone brought into the office from a donut shop. (they are delcious by the way!)

I said no to a Hardees bacon, egg, and cheese biscuit a sales guy brought in to work. 530 calories! Yikes! No thank you!

I said no to a piece of birthday ice cream cake (from dairy queen) at work as well.

I said no to a can of pepsi or a can of mountain dew that was being handed out after lunch at work.

Good grief! When I look back on it I am quite proud of myself. Pat on the back!!! Its ridiculous how much naughty free food is available at work or that someone is trying to share.

Yes! high five! You definitely had a lot of obstacle courses today lol hhhmmmmm ice cream cake....yum lol
  • brizzle125
    brizzle125 Posts: 18
    Options
    I said NO! to dunkin donuts, ice cream and soda

Proud of myself until I see my friends eat that stuff then I get a little sad