Ugh... Getting old sucks!!

Hi guys! I was devestated to learn I'm middle aged, even sadder to discover I am also prehypertensive during my last check up. I am very motivated by fear and just the thought of having to live on medications is daunting! I am hoping to make a major impact before it gets to that so I've stepped up my game big time. Looking to vibe with like minded individuals.

Replies

• Sedu1906
    Sedu1906 Posts: 145 Member
    cvegas wrote: »
    Hi guys! I was devestated to learn I'm middle aged, even sadder to discover I am also prehypertensive during my last check up. I am very motivated by fear and just the thought of having to live on medications is daunting! I am hoping to make a major impact before it gets to that so I've stepped up my game big time. Looking to vibe with like minded individuals.

I know how you feel!
  • BobbyLively1961
    BobbyLively1961 Posts: 38 Member
    I'm 55 was vary over weight lost almost 60 lbs and year ago and put 20 back on , now working on it again and have lost 10 since Christmas and feeling much better add me as a friend if you want
  • JennyRATL
    JennyRATL Posts: 199 Member
    Yep! Right there with you!!!
  • BCullari
    BCullari Posts: 33 Member
    edited February 2017
    yep, the change begins about age 23, creeps up about age 30, and somewhere between 32 and 40...the blubber piles on much easier....

Most just give up on themselves.
  • Z_I_L_L_A
    Z_I_L_L_A Posts: 2,399 Member
    edited February 2017
    Fear is a great motivation. Happen to me, I power lifted for 12 years up until age 34. Stopped to raise kids, their sports and stuff. Reached 46 , got dizzy one day and went to doctor. Weighed the same as I did at 34 but replaced muscle with fat. Doc says here's your pills Mr.Tim. I said what, she said BP too hi, Cholesterol too hi, take these. I was like I'm losing this fat or die. Took 4 months, went from 275 to 220. She took me off the pills. Now I am a monster 255lbs 6'3 and lifting the gym and putting it back down. You can do it.