Watch out for calorie count at Restaurants

Replies

• mendogirl
    mendogirl Posts: 87
    idk if its just because i am viewing it on my ipod. but it doesnt say what places have it wrong & which side dishes are more in calories along with the entrees. makes it annoying. but i will check again later on my home comp. :) very interesting!
  • lozf85
    lozf85 Posts: 62 Member
    Very interesting... and scary!
  • elliecolorado
    elliecolorado Posts: 1,040
    I never trust restaurant info! Nutritional info (at the places that post it) is based on their official recipe and portion size. I have worked enough in the restaurant business to know that most cooks don't follow the recipe and don't serve what the portion size is supposed to be. Logging what they post is at best a rough estimate.
  • oh well.. it's safest to cook yourself
  • tameko2
    tameko2 Posts: 31,634 Member
    I eat out every day (some days twice) and this doesn't scare me that much - in terms of accuracy most places did pretty well, and for items which were over the calorie count most of them were within 100? I tend to leave myself that much room at the end of the day or with exercise so, not a big deal to me personally.

What I do find interesting is that if I decide to pick one of the high calorie options on the menu (often...) I make up for it by only eating half or just to satiation .....but supposedly a lot of those are OVER calculated. So whatever, I don't spend every day so tight up against my calorie goal that I think this is sabotaging me.