Exercise Calories and Thread Negativity

Options
I'm noticing a really disturbing trend on MFP. Whenever someone asks the question concerning eating exercise calories back, some people get downright negative and mean. This site is supposed to be about supporting and motivating each other. If you are irritated because a thread topic is repeated over again, then don't read it. Or respond to it. If you don't agree with what a person is saying, try to be respectful when you state your opinion.

Making someone feel bad by being negative and rude is not helpful. This is getting annoying.

Replies

• elliecolorado
    elliecolorado Posts: 1,040
    Options
    Agreed!
  • anjoweena
    anjoweena Posts: 28
    Options
    You're awesome for posting this :)

and seriously, everyone needs to remember that this site has new members joining DAILY that don't sit around like all you MFP veterans scanning the threads....
    show some support at the very least.

maybe LOVINGLY direct them to a thread with some good posts.

But definitely not something to get your panties up in a bunch about.
    :)
  • mistyb47711
    mistyb47711 Posts: 861 Member
    Options
    Totally right
  • lozf85
    lozf85 Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    Agreed!

It is amazing me how many posts there are regarding people noticing the negativity around here lately...

Hopefully this is not a continuing trend and people will remember what this place is for!
  • anjoweena
    Options
    Agreed!

It is amazing me how many posts there are regarding people noticing the negativity around here lately...

Hopefully this is not a continuing trend and people will remember what this place is for!

Seriously!!!
    I just started using the community part of the site, but am considering going back to just using it for tracking instead of motivational b/c of all the rude, negative attitudes.
    but, there are the genuine sweethearts as well!!
  • crisanderson27
    crisanderson27 Posts: 5,343 Member
    Options
    Agree with you completely hun. Sometimes it's exasperating to have to post the same information up when the search works for it much more quickly...

But we've all asked dumb questions in the past...it's certainly not going to hurt to answer a few.
  • Scott613
    Scott613 Posts: 2,317 Member
    Options
    Agree with you completely hun. Sometimes it's exasperating to have to post the same information up when the search works for it much more quickly...

But we've all asked dumb questions in the past...it's certainly not going to hurt to answer a few.

I have a question.........Where do babies come from???
  • geeky1
    geeky1 Posts: 142
    Options
    Hello,
    I have been a member since November last year and stopped posting early this year simply because of the negativity. I could not believe that a site which is purported to be full of friends, could be so downright nasty.
    There is an old saying that some of us older folks will remember well - if you don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything. This will extend obviously to writing.
    We have a common goal, would it not be nice to actually bond over it?
  • crisanderson27
    Options

Use the search bar dumbass =D.

Oh...crap I didn't just say that did I lol??

Here's a hint...look at the avatar of the young lady that posted above me and I'm sure you'll figure it out quickly.

Btw...just messin with you man lol.
  • staceyo1211
    staceyo1211 Posts: 163
    Options
    I agree with you 10000000%. Basicly do what works for you.
  • crisanderson27
    Options
    Hello,
    I have been a member since November last year and stopped posting early this year simply because of the negativity. I could not believe that a site which is purported to be full of friends, could be so downright nasty.
    There is an old saying that some of us older folks will remember well - if you don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything. This will extend obviously to writing.
    We have a common goal, would it not be nice to actually bond over it?

You're 100% correct hun. This is something that extends to every day life as well...not just the internet. It's just so much more prevalent here, because there are no immediate consequences. For example, calling a guy a dumbass will usually get you popped in the nose right Scott?

=D
  • thenewkarisa
    thenewkarisa Posts: 207
    Options
    I AGREE!!!! I had to block someone because they were nothing but negative and still hounded me about eating all my calories even when I told them I couldn't afford groceries so I might be low... I removed her from friends and she still sent messages, telling me everything I am doing is wrong! I had no choice but to block her. Most of the time I have no problem eating all my calories (if I want to), my first thing is adjusting my portions because that is what helps me lose the most no matter what I eat. Everybody's different!
  • geeky1
    Options

Here's a hint...look at the avatar of the young lady that posted above me and I'm sure you'll figure it out quickly.

Are you insulting me or flattering me???
  • GypsyRose25
    GypsyRose25 Posts: 407
    Options

lol... too funny! But seriously... who cares if something is posted multiple times? Don't read if you don't want too... When your new it's confusing enough. Especially if this a brand new experience, trying to lose weight.

I just wish people understood that. Or accepted it.
  • imprimez
    imprimez Posts: 36
    Options
    I agree. I thought the OP of the other thread was being very polite in the way he was sharing information yet the responses he got were downright hostile and added little to the discussion. I believe that if you disagree with what works for someone else, either do not answer or contribute some useful information.

It looks like the other thread has been deleted, fyi.
  • McKayMachina
    McKayMachina Posts: 2,670 Member
    Options
    You guys crack me up.

:laugh:
  • anjoweena
    Options
    I AGREE!!!! I had to block someone because they were nothing but negative and still hounded me about eating all my calories even when I told them I couldn't afford groceries so I might be low... I removed her from friends and she still sent messages, telling me everything I am doing is wrong! I had no choice but to block her. Most of the time I have no problem eating all my calories (if I want to), my first thing is adjusting my portions because that is what helps me lose the most no matter what I eat. Everybody's different!

Someone was a bit controlling!!!
  • crisanderson27
    Options

Flattering...!!!...I am not an insulting person (purposely) ever, if I can help it.

My sincere apologies if my teasing Scott was misunderstood.
  • geeky1
    Options

Flattering...!!!...I am not an insulting person (purposely) ever, if I can help it.

Not at all - I was teasing you back! You big silly!!!
  • crisanderson27
    Options

Not at all - I was teasing you back! You big silly!!!

LOL see how over polite I am!!

Uggh!

=D