Is Nutrisystem worth trying?

Options
I wanted to try a food delivery system because I can't seem to come up with meal plans for myself. Is Nutrisystem a good idea or should I just try to follow recipes?

Replies

• rikisue206
    rikisue206 Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    The one thing that I noticed on the Commercials is that it says that it is a portion control and calorie based program. So, I feel that it is not much different that the goals on here. But, it is nice to have your food done for you!
  • Tennessee2019
    Tennessee2019 Posts: 676 Member
    Options
    I hated most of their food because of the "sauce" that they cover most of their things in. There were just a few items that did not come with the "sauce" that I enjoyed. Please note, I tried NS back in '07 & hopefully their food choices have changed since then.
  • leopardvice
    Options
    i think if you plan out your meals for the week ahead of time and then prepare the food youre going to eat it would work almost as well as nutrisystem and save you a lot of money.
  • DiBeth
    DiBeth Posts: 6
    Options
    I used Nutrisystem, and it worked for me to lose 30 pounds. After that though, I got tired of the food. Now I am doing things on my own- checking labels, watching portions, etc. Its not a bad way to get a kick start.
  • ChantalGG
    ChantalGG Posts: 2,404 Member
    Options
    Save money and try some recipes. \what i did when i started was make my same food but cooked healthy. Instead of frying in oils a used chicken broth to stir fry my meats and veggies. Switched to brown rice and tried not to use as much salt as i used to. I also bought a food scale it is a life saver.
  • chayacheron
    Options
    I hated most of their food because of the "sauce" that they cover most of their things in. There were just a few items that did not come with the "sauce" that I enjoyed. Please note, I tried NS back in '07 & hopefully their food choices have changed since then.

Thanks for the heads up.
  • NikkisNewStart
    NikkisNewStart Posts: 1,100 Member
    Options
    Don't do it!!!

Much easier to buy fresh or fresh frozen veggies, fresh fruit, lean proteins such as chicken breast, turkey, lean cuts of beef, pork, oatmeal, nuts and just make your own balanced meals without nasty chemicals and preservatives. Their meals look and taste like vomit.
  • chayacheron
    Options
    Don't do it!!!

Much easier to buy fresh or fresh frozen veggies, fresh fruit, lean proteins such as chicken breast, turkey, lean cuts of beef, pork, oatmeal, nuts and just make your own balanced meals without nasty chemicals and preservatives. Their meals look and taste like vomit.

Thanks.... I've been buying fresh fruits and veggies I just don't know how to prepare them. I've just been eating them raw. I don't know how long I can keep this up.