Y'all, I need some support. Be my friend? :)

Options
Hi all! I am Christy, 31, from New Orleans. I have been heavy my whole life. My weight has always fluctuated, but I was still considered clinically overweight even during my "skinny" phases. I have always been somewhat active, but not so much anymore. I dislocated my knee over a year ago and gained almost 40 pounds after that.
My relationship with food is complicated. I know how to eat well and lose weight, but I go through periods where I eat whatever I want non-stop. Those are the times I end up with weight jumps. It is slowly sabotaging me in the long run each time, as my goal weight seems further and further away. I'm ready to get a handle on this once and for all. After this, I may consider wls. I am under a doctor's care now, so I feel that may help keep me accountable a bit more.
I want a life where I no longer have to deal with this burden anymore. I want to wear the clothes I like. I just want to feel normal. I stand to lose 90 pounds. Let's do this.
Please feel free to add me if you would like.

Replies

• Onyx_Eve
    Onyx_Eve Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Good luck Christy! You got this!
  • vmarie4
    vmarie4 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I understand the struggle...today I made a commitment to myself and I know it's so hard...time after time I start and quit but I am so tires of this burden as well. But I know you can do this! And we are here to help you see it through!
  • nolalady85
    nolalady85 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Thank you ladies!! <3
  • undergrad33
    undergrad33 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    We are here with you and for you!
  • IDuncan23
    IDuncan23 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me! You can and will do it! Let's motivate each other! :)
  • lpaitselrn
    lpaitselrn Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    There's no quick fix, and accountability is the name of the game for me too. I'm also from NOLA , currently living in Lafayette and it's all about food & drink around here. It's hard, I know. My struggle is your struggle. How real it is.
  • eluvscats
    eluvscats Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    I'm always down for more friends for supporting each other. Add me if you'd like. :)
  • ddawndee
    ddawndee Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Your welcome to add me