Brooks B17 saddle comes tomorrow!!!!

Options
Hi cycling friends!

I bought a black B 17 standard women's saddle on amazon a few days ago for my road bike and it's coming tomorrow! I'm so excited!!

I bought some proofide with it too.

Pardon my stupid newbie questions but:
Does it go on like any other road bike saddle does?
Do I need to put proofide on it and let it soak the first day or can I just ride it dry out of the box and then treat it overnight? (Can you tell I'm excited??)
Any tweaking (tightening) I need to do to it before hopping on and pedaling away?

This will be the first bike saddle I buy that doesn't come with the bike. My bike's stock saddle has been terrible to my poor posterior and I've heard great things about leather saddles so I'm hoping my sit bones aren't in pain by mile 15 anymore. :)

Replies

• jenlivingstone915
    jenlivingstone915 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I got one a few years ago and love it, I proofided it and let it soak but I think you could get out on it, it's very firm for a wee while and then after that it will be the comfiest saddle you have even had! Enjoy! Let me know how you get on!!
  • rjc992
    rjc992 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Love my Brooks and proof ride it initially to help condition it. Do not over do it, or the leather will become too soft and sag. It is designed to be a very firm saddle, but after riding for a while, and breaking into my sit bones, it the best long distance saddle I have ever ridden.