Valentine's day

Options

Replies

• LuckyNumbers
    LuckyNumbers Posts: 208 Member
    edited February 2017
    Options
    No special plans, but we picked up some ribeye steaks that were on sale last night at Whole Foods. DH mentioned grilling them up for dinner, and we'll probably just have some steamed veggies and a glass of wine to go with.

Just another day to us. Although I did send him an eCard that said, "I want to grow old and disgusting with you." It's about as romantic as we get.
  • Pam_Shebamm
    Pam_Shebamm Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    My boyfriend and I are going out to Mexican. It's my favorite so I plan to enjoy. I've pre-logged it already and I'll be at around maintenance today.
  • Sumiblue
    Sumiblue Posts: 1,597 Member
    edited February 2017
    Options
    Staying home with our kid. We are having homemade red beans & rice with Andouille assuage. I made a raspberry pistachio semifreddo for dessert :)
  • amusedmonkey
    amusedmonkey Posts: 10,330 Member
    Options
    Single, so no Valentine's for me. I'm still in celebration mode since yesterday (my birthday), so it's not just another day. It's a day full of foods I really love.
  • 3rdof7sisters
    3rdof7sisters Posts: 486 Member
    Options
    malibu927 wrote: »
    Being forever single, it's another day

My DD & her girlfriends have a "Gal-entines" Day celebration, even the married ones.

My husband works 2-10pm and I work days, so we had our celebration on Sunday. Steak dinner.

• vmsolko
    vmsolko Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    I'm married and it's still just another day...
  • cfritchley26
    cfritchley26 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    We are doing dinner at home, we much prefer spending quality time at home to spending a lot of money somewhere else. I'm making Surf and Turf (steak and shrimp) with sauteed green beans and baked potatoes. Everything can be weighed or measured and I know exactly how many calories there are!
  • jcraig10
    jcraig10 Posts: 477 Member
    Options
    I normally cook dinner for V-Day, but for Christmas we got a hefty gift card to Firebird's so we have a reservation there tonight. Will have steaks and some wine.
  • JP_909
    JP_909 Posts: 816 Member
    Options
    I'm single. No special Valentine's Day dinner or anything lol
  • lightenup2016
    lightenup2016 Posts: 1,055 Member
    Options
    I'm making some of my hubby's favorites for dinner--pasta with homemade pesto and roasted broccoli and cauliflower. Trader Joe's lava cakes for dessert--yum!
    We've got a nicer bottle of wine and some cheese for after the kids go to bed.

I'm attempting to make it all fit within maintenance calories--but I need to get in a little extra walking!
  • Emily3907
    Emily3907 Posts: 1,461 Member
    Options
    We kind of treat it like another day. Our wedding anniversary is only a few weeks after, so we make a bigger deal out of that. I have never really understood or been a big fan of Valentine's Day anyways. Some years we make a nice dinner at home, other years we completely ignore. This is more of a completely ignore year.
  • Rebecca0224
    Rebecca0224 Posts: 810 Member
    Options
    I'm glad to know I'm not the only one who hates going out on Valentine's day. I would rather have the boyfriend cook my steak perfectly and have have dinner with him and the kids.

Everytime I go out on Valentine's day I end up at a restaurant where a couple is fighting or there's screaming kids. I will walk out of the restaurant if there is a "limited menu", usually it's way over priced.
  • everher
    everher Posts: 909 Member
    Options
    We went out to an expensive restaurant last night and got all dressed up. He bought me a few boxes of chocolate (he said he couldn't decide on which one to get :D ) and some books I've been wanting. There's also a fancy kitchen gadget in my future I believe.

I logged as best I could, but believe my estimates may be way off. *shrugs* Either way, I was over and got back to it today.
  • brynnsmom
    brynnsmom Posts: 945 Member
    Options
    My six-year old daughter has been pining for "Taco Tuesday." Therefore, me, the hubby and little one will be enjoying a delightful dinner of crock pot chicken tacos and canned black beans.

I don't buy into Valentine's Day too much. It's another Hallmark holiday to me, really more for the kids and of course I love to see my daughter enjoy it. Our anniversary is the really special day to celebrate alone just the two of us.
  • H_Ock12
    H_Ock12 Posts: 1,152 Member
    Options
    My husband and I are both working today...so we exchanged non-food, non-flower gifts then went to the gym and had protein shakes together before work.
  • Lounmoun
    Lounmoun Posts: 8,426 Member
    Options
    What are you meal plans for Valentine's day? Are you going out or having a nice meal at home or is it just another day?

Making dinner and special dessert at home for the whole family.
  • jemhh
    jemhh Posts: 14,261 Member
    Options
    Just another day. We're grilling burgers.

I don't think we've ever gone out for Valentine's day, in over 27 years of togetherness. A couple of weeks ago we were picking up a prescription at Walgreen's and I suggested that we go over to the card section and read each other Valentine cards for free instead of spending money on them.
  • Need2Exerc1se
    Need2Exerc1se Posts: 13,576 Member
    Options
    Just another day, but not sure if we'll go out or not. If we do it will be because hubs and I are both working in the same area of town today and we often go out when that happens.
  • Zombielicious
    Zombielicious Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    It's Taco Tuesday...we're having homemade carnitas :smiley:
  • elphie754
    elphie754 Posts: 7,574 Member
    Options
    brynnsmom wrote: »
    My six-year old daughter has been pining for "Taco Tuesday." Therefore, me, the hubby and little one will be enjoying a delightful dinner of crock pot chicken tacos and canned black beans.

I don't buy into Valentine's Day too much. It's another Hallmark holiday to me, really more for the kids and of course I love to see my daughter enjoy it. Our anniversary is the really special day to celebrate alone just the two of us.

If you really believe Valentine's day is for kids, I don't think you understand what the holiday actually is for. It's a holiday celebrating love, affection and romance. It was also a feast celebrating St. valentine, although that part has been lost through the years.

Not a Children's holiday.