Turmeric...Is it as beneficial as people say?

Options
I have heard of people making smoothies with termeric. Does this work and if so, how often should/can you use it? Has anyone had results with it?

Replies

• Ready2Rock206
    Ready2Rock206 Posts: 9,488 Member
    Options
    I've heard recently it is not all that it is hyped up to be. What exactly are you expecting it to do?
  • lorid30
    lorid30 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    For weight loss and increased metabolism.
  • lorid30
    lorid30 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    What does it do when mixed with acv @ lookitskriss
  • annacole94
    annacole94 Posts: 997 Member
    Options
    I'd be more inclined to consider it's anti-inflammatory effects. There's no magic weight loss spice. Eat things that taste good. I have tumeric because it's very yellow, and makes curries look and taste delicious. I have been meaning to try a tumeric latte, but I haven't got around to it yet. I don't think it will be magic, but it will be pretty and perhaps taste good.
  • JacquiH73
    JacquiH73 Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    It's a nice seasoning but I don't think I would care for it in a smoothie. Using a variety of spices can be very beneficial healthwise just like eating a colorful variety of foods can be. But for losing weight and increasing metabolism eating less and exercising more does that. There's no magic pills, just lots of hype and snake oil.
  • erockem
    erockem Posts: 278 Member
    Options
    I got a free 60 day sample. I'm using it instead of Glucosamine for anti-inflammatory benefits. I run, bike, swim, and weight lift almost every day. My body doesn't seem to know the difference between the two. After a month, still running like a well oiled machine.
  • KeepRunningFatboy
    KeepRunningFatboy Posts: 3,055 Member
    Options
    As an anti-inflammatory - yes!
  • Miz_T
    Miz_T Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    A massage therapist recommended it and it has helped the inflammation in my joints. I still ache, but not like I did.
  • teresabreeding
    teresabreeding Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    How much do you use each day for inflammation?
  • trigden1991
    trigden1991 Posts: 4,658 Member
    Options
    WinoGelato wrote: »
    It makes things yellow. That's enough benefit for me (I like yellow).

You should try the Easy Mac diet then... #easymac

Is that thread still running? I need to get on board with it.
  • lauracups
    lauracups Posts: 533 Member
    Options
    Tumeric will take down a pimple in a day if applied topically, I used to take Tumeric for chronic pain, stenosis, I found bromelain worked better for me.