cravings--please help!!

gmrush11
gmrush11 Posts: 2 Member
edited February 2017 in Health and Weight Loss
I'm 5' 5", started at 170 and im down to around 147 but it fluxuates by the day, mainly because i cant help but indulge in the foods that i love, mainly desserts. I eat healthy all day but once i finish dinner i have a crazy dessert craving. advice/dessert alternatives? its ruining my weight loss

Replies

• JaydedMiss
    JaydedMiss Posts: 4,286 Member
    edited February 2017
    I make sure to save calories for night snacks. Im down to 150 from 232 and lately have had alot of cravings aswell, I found for me personally starting to eat later in the day helped
    (breakfast always started my appetite going early so i figured why even start at lunch, go as logn as i can in the day before firing my appetite up i normally eat first meal around 2-3)

That way i had all my calories available to eat through the night when i needed them most. And i always slip in delicious snacks and a half a bagel with cream cheese before i sleep or i wont sleep.

I walk as much as i can and take any and all stair to burn more calories and if im craving something like a chocolate bar i eat it but i walk an hour both ways to the store for it. Then curl up in bed and eat it very slow and enjoy every last bite. Really helps with my cravings knowing if i want something i get it but i need to work for it.
  • suzwriter
    suzwriter Posts: 8 Member
    edited February 2017
    Well done on the loss.

Weight always fluctuates by the day, depending on what's in your system, whether you are retaining water, whether you've been to the loo lately etc.

My current dessert craving tip is a mug of hot chocolate made with cocoa powder (not hot chocolate powder), boiling water, a couple of sweeteners and a splash of milk
  • pamfgil
    pamfgil Posts: 449 Member
    Cravings are usually temporary. If you clean your teeth, or at least rub toothpaste on you tongue you won't be able to taste sweet for half an hour which should be long enough for the craving to fade. That said you need to budget for some sweet deserts on occasion. Maybe try to gradually cut down so they're occasional, not regular
  • kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    Weight fluctuates day by day no matter what you do.

Eat food you love, but eat responsibly.

Don't eat food you don't like just because they are "healthy".

Don't expect to have dessert every day, it's more normal to have dessert on occasion. But fresh fruit can be an everyday dessert.

Log your food intake so that you're in control of your calories and nutrition; neither eating too much nor too little.