New Moms

Options
Hey everyone! Long time logger, sporadic poster here. I have been on every side of the weight loss, eating disorder spectrum. Now I am the mother of a new baby boy, 8weeks tomorrow, but with my husband working 12-13hour days and it being stupid cold (wind chills in the -45 to -50C range) my little boy's routine is all out of whack. Sometimes it feels like I'm a single parent, which sucks because I love my husband and it is no one's fault.
I came to the realization that my emotional eating mainly stems from exhaustion/over tiredness. I'm not the kind of person who can sleep when the baby sleeps. So if there are any other new moms or so new parents out there, let's support each other.
Cheers.

Replies

• reginaweaver
    reginaweaver Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hello mom of 4 here with new baby 9 months now I feel ya. I need a support buddy pretty much all,the same here
  • ceeeevs
    ceeeevs Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hey! Mom of 2, youngest is 2 weeks...I feel you both me and my husband have nutty jobs with hours that don't overlap so we always joke about being single parents...its tough especially with a history of emotional eating but hang in there and focus on on that beautiful baby boy it gets easier I promise
  • Pokee1
    Pokee1 Posts: 408 Member
    Options
    Hey. FTM of a 6 month old. My hubby works one week in town, one week out of town so I feel you with the single parent thing! I'm finding it harder on days when I'm super exhausted-isn't that almost every day :smiley: I go straight for the easy, processed, convenient foods. I have to prep food better in the fridge so I have more healthy options to just grab.