What is my actual activity level?

Options
Wanted your advice on what my activity level actually is I hope you guys can give me your input.

Am I SEDENTARY, LIGHTLY ACTIVE, ACTIVE or VERY ACTIVE

I do have a sitting desk job 5 days week.
I do HIIT workouts 3-4 times a week, sessions are usually 30 mins burning more or less 300 calories. This included cardio, push-ups, squats, burpees, lunges, etc.
I make sure to do at least 10K steps a day.
I do brisk walks during my lunch break 3 times a week (included in 10K steps).
I train with body weight, light dumbells and resistance bands 4-5 days a week. (Arms, Legs, Glutes, Abs, etc.) Usually an hour to an hour and a half session.

So what do you think?

Replies

• TR0berts
    TR0berts Posts: 7,739 Member
    Options
    Depends on why you're trying to determine this.

If you're trying to input it into MFP so that it gives you an accurate Calorie goal, then don't consider your exercise, as you're supposed to log that and eat (at least some) of the Calories you earn. As such, probably lightly active.

If you're trying to input it into a TDEE calculator (such as scoobysworkshop or iifym), then you do consider your exercises and don't log/eat back Calories. If this is the case, then probably active.

In either case, pick one and try it for a while (3-4 weeks or so) and adjust, as necessary.
  • lorrpb
    lorrpb Posts: 11,464 Member
    Options
    For MFP, disregard all exericise when setting your activity level. Exercise gets logged in addition. If you sync an activity tracker, disregard the steps, because they'll get added in automatically. So the result is Sedentary.
    If you don't sync your steps, you could go lightly active. Log your exercise and eat back about half of the exercise cals.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,867 Member
    Options
    If you're using MFP as designed, your activity level doesn't include deliberate exercise which is why the descriptors make no mention of exercise and only your day to day stuff. If you're using MFP as designed you would perform your exercise and log it along with estimated energy expenditure and earn additional calories to account for that otherwise unaccounted for activity. This is called the NEAT method (Non Exercise Activity Thermogenesis)

Others like myself just roll up everything in total to account for all activity (TDEE method...Total Daily Energy Expenditure) and IMO is easier if you're pretty regular with your exercise. I would recommend however to use a TDEE calculator and then customize your targets on MFP if you go this route.
  • NicoleMichael62
    NicoleMichael62 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    This is mainly for a macro calculator. I want to be able to tailor my daily diet around macros instead of calories.