Why is protein so low

Options
My daily protein levels are very low, if I have a chicken breast for dinner, tuna for lunch and yogurt for breakfast I am way over my daily allotment but way under my carb allotment. Can someone advise please. I would prefer more protein and less carbs.

Replies

• stanvoodoo
    stanvoodoo Posts: 1,023 Member
    Options
    Yeah, it has been discussed alot here. The protein levels are set too low. You can go in and customize anything you want. Goal then check off the custom button.

I have mine set 100!

Best of Luck!
  • Heatherbelle_87
    Heatherbelle_87 Posts: 1,078 Member
    Options
    constant debate on here. MFP goes based on the FDA guidelines which is currently under revision. Going over in protein is not going to harm you unless its beyond excessive and/or you have a kidney issue. There is an older question on this where I cited multiple sources, BUT if you are trying to build muscle while losing weight you can safely ingest .8-1.0 grams of protein per lb you currently weigh. You can also customize your diary if you hate seeing those little red numbers
  • kvnpoole
    kvnpoole Posts: 4
    Options
    You can check the % settings for each (protein/carbs/fats) on the goals tab on the computer. It may just need to be adjusted to suit your particular needs. Click on change goals and adjust as necessary. I am running 40% protein/40% carbs/20% fat. You may want/need something else. Good luck and keep up the hard work. It will be worth it for all of us. :-)
  • bobbybdoe
    bobbybdoe Posts: 472 Member
    Options
    More protein is definitely not bad for you. I have the same problem but the exact opposite with carbs. They say you should eat your body weight in protein daily (grams), so it's not bad to have more protein over carbs.
  • angelily
    angelily Posts: 5
    Options
    Deb, I've also manually upped my fiber and lowered my sodium levels under 'Goals'
  • deborahjoan56
    deborahjoan56 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Thank you everyone, I'm going to manually adjust my number as well. I appreciate your help as a newbie!!

Deb