Breakfast

Options
I've never been a breakfast eater. The thought of eating in the morning made me sick to my stomach. Well, I forced myself to eat what I could of my balanced breakfast for the last 2 weeks and today I found myself up and getting stomach sick because I hadn't eaten. Things are changing! I'm looking forward to creating a better, healthier lifestyle and this is getting me in the right direction!

Replies

• SammiG01
    SammiG01 Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    That's great!
  • livingleanlivingclean
    livingleanlivingclean Posts: 11,752 Member
    edited February 2017
    Options
    You don't need to eat breakfast if you don't want to... It doesn't make you healthier or less healthy. If that's how you incorporate whatever you perceive to be better healthier nutrition in your day, then great!
  • chrismellor01
    chrismellor01 Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    Good for you :)

Breakfast certainly sets you up for the day and more than anything - helps you spread your calories through the day. Balance in all things:)
  • lifesnotfare
    lifesnotfare Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    Sweet!
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    I've never been a breakfast eater. The thought of eating in the morning made me sick to my stomach. Well, I forced myself to eat what I could of my balanced breakfast for the last 2 weeks and today I found myself up and getting stomach sick because I hadn't eaten. Things are changing! I'm looking forward to creating a better, healthier lifestyle and this is getting me in the right direction!

if you don't like eating breakfast you don't have to - meal timing has no impact on weight loss, its all about the deficit.
  • xbowhunter
    xbowhunter Posts: 990 Member
    Options
    I love Breakfast. I consume 1/3 of my calories before 6am... :)
  • tahxirez
    tahxirez Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    I love breakfast but I don't force myself to eat til I'm hungry. I used to do that but it seemed like once I turned on the eating switch it was on. Now I premake and freeze breakfast sandwiches and when I get hungry (usually around 9 or 10) I microwave and eat it. keeps me full until I eat a later lunch around 1 or 2.
  • DoubleTheLove
    DoubleTheLove Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    It does matter if you eat when you first wake. It breaks up the fasting. Hence, "break" "fast". Definitely need the boost in the morning so I don't get sluggish in the noon and just start making bad food choices. I'm trying to change the way I eat and the way I look at food so this is a good step in that direction.
  • DoubleTheLove
    DoubleTheLove Posts: 42 Member
    Options

if you don't like eating breakfast you don't have to - meal timing has no impact on weight loss, its all about the deficit.

Not looking for pure weight loss. I'm looking to fix my relationship with food and get healthier.
  • malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,565 Member
    Options
    It does matter if you eat when you first wake. It breaks up the fasting. Hence, "break" "fast". Definitely need the boost in the morning so I don't get sluggish in the noon and just start making bad food choices. I'm trying to change the way I eat and the way I look at food so this is a good step in that direction.

Your first meal of the day breaks that fast, it doesn't matter if it's when you get up or six hours later. I eat breakfast, but it's usually about 4-6 hours after I wake up. When you have that is personal preference, and if you feel better eating breakfast then keep doing it.
  • Jesi1011
    Jesi1011 Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    Good for you! What have you been eating? Making full meals or quick and easy stuff?
  • natashadugan
    natashadugan Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I have trouble eating in the mornings too but if I don't I can't get a solid work out in. I feel nauseous half way through and tired
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,538 Member
    Options
    This all depends. Say you eat till 8pm at night, then 8am the next morning. What's the fasting time.....12 hours. So say you eat till 11:30pm and then 11:30am the next morning. Fasting time is STILL THE SAME.
    IMO, the most misinformed thing the diet and fitness industry does is IMPOSE this written rule that breakfast is a must. It's not. Meal timing has no real relevance on weight loss with the some exceptions like someone who's diabetic.
    I skip breakfast everyday (except Sunday) and have for years. And I haven't had to change my late night snacking habit at all either. That's why I've been able to maintain the same weight FOR YEARS.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png