50 Pounds to Lose, so much to gain!

Hi! I'm Tai.

I'm 26 years old and 50 pounds overweight. I'd love to feel sexy and fit at some point in my 20's. So I have to get started!

I'd love to have some friends along the way. Any tips and tricks are welcome!!

Thanks!
Xoxo

Replies

• AnthonyX150X
    AnthonyX150X Posts: 293 Member
    Coming to Myfitnesspal was a good start to your weight loss journey.

If you haven't already, set up your profile to calculate the amount of calories you need to eat in order to lose weight.

Logging your food accurately can really be an eye opener to how much you have been eating and is a real game changer in terms of weight loss.

• erinshay93
    erinshay93 Posts: 3 Member
    I'm 23 and on a mission to lose 40 pounds! :smile: I'm sooo excited to feel sexy and be able to wear whatever I like without feeling like a walrus :wink:
    Feel free to add me guys! I would love some support from other MFP users!!!
  • JakeL1981
    JakeL1981 Posts: 50 Member
    My nickname is Jake "the steak" for a reason. Im 20 some pounds down on my 100 goal and I'm in it for the long haul.

Add me if you want
  • Taimeinhappy
    Taimeinhappy Posts: 38 Member

If you haven't already, set up your profile to calculate the amount of calories you need to eat in order to lose weight.

Logging your food accurately can really be an eye opener to how much you have been eating and is a real game changer in terms of weight loss.

I set up my food goal for 1 pound a week. I figured that was a good steady amount to start with. Do you think that sounds good?
  • AnjaliSD
    AnjaliSD Posts: 42 Member
    Tai, 1 lb a week, if you have about 50 lbs to lose seems very reasonable, without being too easy. Please don't hold onto your 50 lbs goal too much, and re-evaluate it as start seeing changes.

I thought I wanted to lose 40lbs originally, and a while back lost 15 and saw that it way a much bigger difference than I thought it would be. I unfortunately regained it (fell off the wagon HARD for personal reasons), but now only want to be 25-30lbs less than original weight.

Mind if I add you?
  • Taimeinhappy
    AnjaliSD wrote: »
    Tai, 1 lb a week, if you have about 50 lbs to lose seems very reasonable, without being too easy. Please don't hold onto your 50 lbs goal too much, and re-evaluate it as start seeing changes.

I thought I wanted to lose 40lbs originally, and a while back lost 15 and saw that it way a much bigger difference than I thought it would be. I unfortunately regained it (fell off the wagon HARD for personal reasons), but now only want to be 25-30lbs less than original weight.

Mind if I add you?

Please do add me!

I will take your advice and reevaluate my goals as I start to lose. I don't care what the scale says as much as I care about how I look and feel.

Also thank you on your insight for the amount of weight to lose each week as well. I'm trying to do this the right way, I just don't know what "the right way" is!

• mharnden92
    mharnden92 Posts: 16 Member
    Hi! I'm Tai.

I'm 26 years old and 50 pounds overweight. I'd love to feel sexy and fit at some point in my 20's. So I have to get started!

Thanks!
    Xoxo

It took me for ever to actually get started on this website i started yesterday and am so nervous im going to fail. Its nice to see others starting around my age with the same goals.
  • Taimeinhappy
    mharnden92 wrote: »
    Hi! I'm Tai.

Thanks!
    Xoxo

It took me for ever to actually get started on this website i started yesterday and am so nervous im going to fail. Its nice to see others starting around my age with the same goals.

I'm nervous as well! Good luck with your goals!!
  • the_fabuliz_life
    the_fabuliz_life Posts: 14 Member
    Feel free to add me!!!
  • mharnden92
    mharnden92 Posts: 16 Member
    Hi! I'm Tai.

Thanks!
    Xoxo

thank you. What made you want to start?
  • Taimeinhappy
    Hi! I'm Tai.

Thanks!
    Xoxo

thank you. What made you want to start?

I want to feel good, I want to be attractive and not the "fat friend" anymore. So here I am!
  • AnthonyX150X
    AnthonyX150X Posts: 293 Member

I set up my food goal for 1 pound a week. I figured that was a good steady amount to start with. Do you think that sounds good?

Yes, that is a good amount to lose weight on if it fits your level of comfort and doesn't end up making you feel deprived of food.