A gentle reminder if gain has you baffled...

Options
ARGriffy
ARGriffy Posts: 1,002 Member
edited February 2017 in Health and Weight Loss
Maintained for 3 years. Never gained in that time over normal fluctuations. 3 weeks ago, I started weighing a solid 4-5 lbs higher than my happy weight. Then it was 5-6 lbs... till Sunday I toppled out at 7 lbs above my happy weiget range. What the hell??? I can't see a gain in my body... I can't remember over eating... oh no is my intuitive eating totally off? ? Ooh scales are bleeping "low" at me. Maybe I'll change the batteries...

Oh look. I've "lost" those 7 lbs

Check your batteries lol

Replies

• SezxyStef
    SezxyStef Posts: 15,268 Member
    Options
    I have an analogue scale...

• ARGriffy
    Options
    SezxyStef wrote: »

Then this clearly doesn't refer to you. Good imput!
  • success313
    success313 Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    I haven't changed my batteries in a long time. Great reminder!
  • TR0berts
    TR0berts Posts: 7,739 Member
    Options
    I changed my batteries yesterday. Gained 2.6 lb. :(
  • red99ryder
    red99ryder Posts: 399 Member
    Options
    I'd like to thow mine out the window lol does that count

Good luck
  • RAinWA
    RAinWA Posts: 1,980 Member
    Options
    My scale said I lost 4 pounds this morning. Turned it over and removed all the pet fur from the little feet thingies on the bottom. Then I weighed the same as yesterday. :)
  • estherdragonbat
    estherdragonbat Posts: 5,283 Member
    Options
    RAinWA wrote: »
    My scale said I lost 4 pounds this morning. Turned it over and removed all the pet fur from the little feet thingies on the bottom. Then I weighed the same as yesterday. :)

Yeesh! Sound like you had a whole 'nother cat in there! (Going by your profile pic, I'm assuming kitty.)
  • ARGriffy
    Options
    TR0berts wrote: »
    I changed my batteries yesterday. Gained 2.6 lb. :(

Oooohhhhh. ..sorry lol
  • RAinWA
    RAinWA Posts: 1,980 Member
    Options
    RAinWA wrote: »

Yeesh! Sound like you had a whole 'nother cat in there! (Going by your profile pic, I'm assuming kitty.)

Yeah, it's amazing how much fur collects with 2 cats & a dog. And I vacuum the floor on a regular basis, so was surprised to see how much fur there was on those feet.
  • jennybearlv
    jennybearlv Posts: 1,519 Member
    Options
    Ha! This reminds me of the struggle with my heart rate monitor reading weird. I tried changing the battery, tried all these different tricks I read online. Bought static spray and electrode gel. A week later I tightened the strap. Duh! If you lose 50 lbs your heart rate monitor gets loose and can't read your heart rate. It's usually the simple stuff.
  • SezxyStef
    SezxyStef Posts: 15,268 Member
    Options
    ARGriffy wrote: »
    SezxyStef wrote: »

Then this clearly doesn't refer to you. Good imput!

hey I took the time to read it tho as the title didn't really say...

my point really is scale weight is irrelevant in the large scheme of things and the fact all these things can cause it to be off just proves that point.