Weight Loss Challenge!! Fit by Summer! January-June

Replies

• jcap737
    jcap737 Posts: 4 Member
    Posting up today - a 1 lb loss! Yay me! I weigh in every day, and even though I know my weight fluctuates a lot more than it would on a weekly weigh in, this keeps me motivated every day.

starting weight / current weight / goal weight:
    236.4 / 220.2 / 185
  • cocoajax16
    cocoajax16 Posts: 9 Member
    Hi, I'm Laura. I've done several challenges. I really love the motivation and support this community has provided. I'm currently, 201 and my goal is 165. I constantly lose and gain the same 20 pounds over and over when life happens. I'm here to once again, lose the weight to free myself from my own thoughts and live without my weight, weighing me down. Cheers to a successful 2017.
  • Sunshine_And_Sand
    Sunshine_And_Sand Posts: 1,320 Member
    Hi. I'm Sarah. I am 35, 5'4" and tend to stay around 150 pounds. My goals are to log 24 hours of purposeful exercise each month so I am in on those challenges too, and I would like to end up somewhere around 125 pounds. I am not sure if this will happen by June (I like exercising but LOVE food). Good luck to everyone else on their goals too.
  • thegeordielass
    thegeordielass Posts: 208 Member
    Start of the month update.
    Start was 210
    June Goal 185

1/1/17 - 210lbs
    1/2/17 - 203lbs

That's good progress! Way faster than I expected. I was aiming for 50lbs this year but maybe I should aim for half of my total goal weight instead (which would mean a new target of 170). If I pass 185 before June, I'm heading for that instead.

• JacquiMarie70
    JacquiMarie70 Posts: 62 Member
    Start of the month update.
    Start was 210
    June Goal 185

1/1/17 - 210lbs
    1/2/17 - 203lbs

That's good progress! Way faster than I expected. I was aiming for 50lbs this year but maybe I should aim for half of my total goal weight instead (which would mean a new target of 170). If I pass 185 before June, I'm heading for that instead.

That sounds like a great goal!!!
  • JacquiMarie70
    cocoajax16 wrote: »
    Hi, I'm Laura. I've done several challenges. I really love the motivation and support this community has provided. I'm currently, 201 and my goal is 165. I constantly lose and gain the same 20 pounds over and over when life happens. I'm here to once again, lose the weight to free myself from my own thoughts and live without my weight, weighing me down. Cheers to a successful 2017.

Hey! I here you, I'm about the same right now. 205. I was hoping for my goal to be 145, but I haven't weight that in a long time. It says it's my healthy target, but if I feel great and feel like I don't have to lose more at 150 or so then I'll take it!

• sjohnso
    sjohnso Posts: 2 Member
    I'm in - I want to be down to 150 pounds by summer - I am 54 years old and I weight 215 pounds. I am trying the 2-5 diet and also eating mostly vegan. Has anyone had any success with this?
  • JacquiMarie70
    I'm in! I am 63 years old and it is really difficult to get weight off at this age. What doesn't help much is that I haven't been exercising and have been eating everything that I shouldn't. So this weekend, I got back in charge of what I am eating (MFP) and have gone to the gym the last three days. I am 5 ft. 9 in. and weigh 186. I would love to lose 40 pounds by summer. With a trip to Mexico the end of June, I want to look fabulous and make my husband proud. I can't wait to get motivated and help all of you also.

Hey there! That would be great for your trip. It always feels amazing to accomplish your goals before a good vacation!
  • JacquiMarie70
    jcap737 wrote: »
    Hello, new to the post/challenge. I'd like to get to a healthy BMI. The first step for me is to get out of the "obese" range and into the "overweight" range, LOL! I'm 5'6" so my 1st goal weight is 185 lbs. That means I need to lose 36.2 lbs... by the summer sounds good!

236.4 / 221.2 / 185
    jcap737 wrote: »
    Hello, new to the post/challenge. I'd like to get to a healthy BMI. The first step for me is to get out of the "obese" range and into the "overweight" range, LOL! I'm 5'6" so my 1st goal weight is 185 lbs. That means I need to lose 36.2 lbs... by the summer sounds good!

236.4 / 221.2 / 185

Hi!! Yes summer seems like a realistic goal for the accomplishments we want to achieve. I have been trying to make sure I keep tracking all my food and do good, but my next step is to exercise. I think that will kick things up a gear.
  • JacquiMarie70
    PandraBear wrote: »
    27773653.png

Not a great week. Immense extra stress, caved in a little to some of my cravings.

Maybe some yoga or meditation will help how your feeling?
  • JacquiMarie70
    I know it is halfway through January but id love to join this challenge! I am 27 and am the biggest I've ever been. My current goal is to lose 15 lbs by June.

Hey!! 15 pounds is so doable! Welcome to the challenge. It's never too late :)
  • JacquiMarie70
    Hi all, I hope you don't mind me joining so late in Jan.

I'm 31, 210lbs and have an ultimate goal of around 135 (flexible number depending on look/feel etc). I made it to 149lbs once but health issues got in the way and comfort eating etc got me back higher than my original start weight.

I'm on medication at the moment which is known for extreme weight gain as well as increased risk of diabetes and heart disease - as I have a family history of both I could do without the added risk from my weight! Because of this medication though, I'm expecting my weight loss to be painfully slow and have set myself a target of 50lbs by the end of the year which means down 25lbs by June - that will take me to 185lbs. If I can lose it quicker - even better but I'll start with the lower number!

I just started the 30 Day Shred yesterday after nearly a year of no exercise due to health problems so I'm hoping completing that will build my stamina back up and I can get back in to things - right now that 25 mins a day feels like an hour I'm so unfit. I think one of my hardest challenges will be remembering to eat. My other medication has killed my appetite so I just don't get hungry and forget. I'm cutting chocolate out of my diet so I can't go and binge on that which should help a lot.

Hi! That sounds like a lot to be going through. I wish you the best of luck! How do you like the 30 day shred? I have it-I tried the first DVD and for me it was so challenging I got mad and shut it off. I'd like to try again though.
  • JacquiMarie70
    peggym214 wrote: »
    Hi I am Peggy, 55, I am looking to lose 30 to 40 by June. My motivation is not easy but started up again at the gym 4 days a week and eating healthier. Please include me in

Hi!!
    We got this :) My motivation has been rough lately to keep on moving. Healthy eating hasn't been hard, it getting to working out is the hard part for me right now.
  • JacquiMarie70
    sjohnso wrote: »
    I'm in - I want to be down to 150 pounds by summer - I am 54 years old and I weight 215 pounds. I am trying the 2-5 diet and also eating mostly vegan. Has anyone had any success with this?

Hi!! I had a great amount of success in the past. I was also vegan at the time. Currently I eat chicken sometimes, but mostly just seafood, fruit, veggies, and nuts. I have some great vegan recipes though!
  • JacquiMarie70
    sarjenki wrote: »
    Hi. I'm Sarah. I am 35, 5'4" and tend to stay around 150 pounds. My goals are to log 24 hours of purposeful exercise each month so I am in on those challenges too, and I would like to end up somewhere around 125 pounds. I am not sure if this will happen by June (I like exercising but LOVE food). Good luck to everyone else on their goals too.

I feel the same way. I read a lot on nutrition. I find it helps a ton with everything. I'm currently reading a book for the second time by Bob Green called the life diet. It's just about choosing healthier options in general but it's really inspiring. I love his books. I'm also reading a book called It Starts with food. I like it a lot so far. It's a little scientific for about half the book, but the info helps.
  • JacquiMarie70
    julie8123 wrote: »
    I hope it's not too late to join in!
    My name is Julie and I'm a 20 year old college student. I used to be a healthy 120 pounds but after 7 years of eating disorders and weights ranging from 85 pounds to 165 pounds - I finally feel like I have recovered and I'm ready to get back to a healthy weight. I'm about 150 right now so I'm looking to lose 25-30 pounds.
    We can do this together!

We absolutely can!
  • JacquiMarie70
    Mjtckwnow wrote: »
    I'm in...I'm Jane and in my mids 40s. I have 32ish lbs to lose to be at goal weight but will be in a happy weight range once I lose 25 lbs. I was making great progress last year but then stopped tracking on MFP in October and my commitment to my workouts lessened at well. Since then I've gained 18 lbs which is crazy! I'm back fully committed as of this week. My food plan is doing the 5:2 eating plan (eat a little below maintenance 5 days a week & then 2 days a week "fast" at 500 calories). My fitness plan is yoga 3-4 times week, weight train 2 days a week, & running 1-2 days a week. I have had running related injuries every year for the past 4 years, so I am really focused on cross-training and injury prevention right now, doing a lot of exercises from the book Hit Reset Yoga.

Starting Weight: 167.7
    Current Weight: 161.4
    Goal Weight: 129
    Total Lost: 6.3
    To Go: 32.4

Hey! That's awesome. I read part of a book about fasting. I forget the name-it's on my kindle-but I'd like to read the whole thing again. He said something about eating great 5 days a week but to boost your metabolism to fast a couple days 1-2 days per week. Not always, but to hell speed things up. We can do this!
  • JacquiMarie70
    Hi everyone!

I was away on vacation and haven't been on MFP for well over a week. That's why I'm commenting and reading everything today. We went on a cruise to the Virgin Islands, it was great.
    Now it's time for reality and getting back on track. I friend requested and replied to all comments.
    I update my profile and do a lot more on there then the group discussion. I feel like we can all stay connected that way-so feel free to accept or add me and we can keep one another motivated.

I'm having the most trouble with trying to get back into a workout routine. So I'm going home after work and designating a specific spot for it!
    I hope everyone is doing well on the challenge.

I weighed in the beginning of the week and I was thinking of not weighing in for one month.
  • JacquiMarie70
    (Continued...I guess I write novels!) We all fluctuate so much wit our weight. I think not weighing in for a month might feel really good!!
  • danifo0811
    danifo0811 Posts: 542 Member
    I'm going to try joining to get motivated :)

I've been on MFP for several years but not very active the last few years.

I'm starting at 182.2 lbs and I've been pretty consistent between 180-183 lbs for the last 6 months. Before I had my third child, I was 140 lbs and exercised several mornings a week. With my first two children, I lost the 50 lbs I gained.

SW 182.3
    Goal for this challenge under 170 lbs

Non scale goals
    5 fruit and vegetables a day
    Exercise 5 x a week