Coffee....good or bad?

Options
2»

Replies

• Suziq2you
    Suziq2you Posts: 396 Member
    Options
    Love my coffee! I have it with non-fat half and half and sugar free Torani syrup. It's my little piece of heaven every morning.
  • TheMaidOfAstolat
    TheMaidOfAstolat Posts: 3,222 Member
    Options
    I will never give up my coffee...I love it too much. I stick to black coffee (preferably fresh ground and made in a french press) or a double or triple espresso (also plain).
  • ZebraHead
    ZebraHead Posts: 15,207 Member
    Options
    <~~Coffee and I will never part company!! That is all

Italian roast, fresh ground (*swoon*)
  • Vhovell
    Vhovell Posts: 286
    Options
    I'm a tea girl stay far away from coffee, just don't like it. My fiance loves it though especially the different flavour ones - chocolate orange is his fave!

I was surprised tea had so many calories so i stick to one, maybe two and i only stretch to three when i'm having a bad day at work!
  • aj_rock
    aj_rock Posts: 390 Member
    Options
    So good. Coffee/caffeine is actually the most active ingredient in most fat-burner/energy boosting products.

In and of itself, caffeine isn't bad for you. Acute caffeine intoxication just leads to jitteriness, anxiety, and insomnia.

Some programs for extreme fat loss call for up to 600mg a day!

The only REAL problem with caffeine is trying to get off the stuff. Your body becomes dependant on it to function normally and without, you just crash.

The general rule is that it takes a week to two weeks to build tolerance to a certain level of caffeine, and five days to kick the habit.

The wiki for it is rather informative on the subject. I'd suggest reading it before considering anyones suggestions, even my own.
  • atsteele
    atsteele Posts: 1,358 Member
    Options
    I LOVE MY COFFEE!! Never giving it up!! (Im allowed one addiction, aren't I? hehe)

And Coffeemate has a new creamer, "Natural Bliss", that is made up of four ingredients: nonfat milk, heavy cream, sugar and natural flavor. 35 calories. 1.5g fat. Not shabby as long as you measure it out.
  • bettyboop573
    bettyboop573 Posts: 610 Member
    Options
    I don't smoke. I don't drink. I don't do drugs. I don't eat fast food. I don't drink pop.

I figure if the worst part of my eating is coffee with creamer (no sugar free, either.. *gag*) and an occasional Reese's peanut butter cup or some milk chocolate almonds..

I'm doing just fine.

I say - go ahead and drink the coffee. Just be sure you're drinking enough water to counteract the caffeine in the coffee. :)

completely agreed :)
  • sonalily
    sonalily Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    good idea
  • Amy_B
    Amy_B Posts: 2,323 Member
    Options
    I have about 1 cup of coffee a day with 1.5 T creamer for about 53 calories. I just make sure to make room for it in my calories. I really like (and maybe need?) my coffee each day!
  • JWGF01
    JWGF01 Posts: 59
    Options
    Double espresso...

black... no sugar.. no extras...

love coffee, short and quick...
    no messing around!!!

true italian style =]

espressos have the same caffeine as normal instant coffee....

if i have to have instant.. i have it black...

no unnecessary cals...
  • meggers123
    meggers123 Posts: 711 Member
    Options
    I was a non-coffee drinker (a coffee lover engaged in self-deprevation) for a few years, until new studies showed that coffee *isn't bad*. There are a lot of things you can read out there, saying coffee is bad or good, but ultimately you'll have to decide for yourself. I'd watch the creamer and sweeteners, but I wouldn't worry about your coffee intake unless you're sweating, shaky, having trouble sleeping, etc.

http://www.webmd.com/food-recipes/features/coffee-new-health-food
  • marshallexi
    marshallexi Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    My nutritionist advised me never to drink coffee on an empty stomach and that a couple of cups a day is fine.

Personally I'm a bit too sensitive to caffeine so I only have one cup a day and no caffeine after midday, then it's a decaf tea or two in the afternoon.