Question about calories

KimParrott
KimParrott Posts: 9 Member
Do I have to eat all the calories? Mine is 1700+

Replies

• jvcjim
    jvcjim Posts: 812 Member
    well nobody is going to force you to eat them all. but you should try to eat nearly all of them
  • deannalfisher
    deannalfisher Posts: 5,600 Member
    yes - you should eat all the calories - MFP gives you them based off the activity level and your stats that you select when you sign up
  • RoxieDawn
    RoxieDawn Posts: 15,488 Member
    Why wouldn't you NOT want to eat all calories MFP gave you to LOSE weight?
  • KimParrott
    It's more than I have an appetite for.
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    KimParrott wrote: »

Choose more calorie dense foods. Nuts, nut butter, full fat dairy, avocado, olive oil. Small portions....big nutrition.
  • RoxieDawn

You can always eat something that may be a little more calorie dense to help you reach your calorie goal for the day. There are some good suggestions in the link below.

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10142490/a-list-of-calorie-dense-foods/p1

• KimParrott
    500 left after dinner
  • RoxieDawn
    500 left after dinner

Some ideas on eating something more calorie dense was given to you in the suggestions above. I say its time for some ice cream.

In the near future, if you have increased your calorie deficit further to perhaps an unhealthy amount above what MFP gave you to lose weight, you will figure this out at some point. You will start to experience side effects from not eating enough. And if you are not using a food scale to weigh your food it is possible that this 500 calories left over tonight could actually be less.. or more.. it depends on how strict you are with what you consume vs what is logged on your diary..

Good luck.