Polar FT4F $56.29

Options
I was hoping for some feedback about this heart rate monitor. Is it a good one? Is this a good price? also, do you have to have the chest strap kind?

Thanks in advance.

Replies

• SeasideOasis
    SeasideOasis Posts: 1,057 Member
    Options
    FT4F? Is that a watch kind?
  • stc74
    stc74 Posts: 297 Member
    Options
    I've got the polar ft4 with a chest strap. Using it 3 weeks now and like it so far. Got it on amazon for around that price.
  • Sharonbed4d
    Sharonbed4d Posts: 163
    Options
    I have the FT4 with chest strap and love it! Very accurate and YES that is a great price!! Get it, you won't be disappointed.
  • lazatin
    lazatin Posts: 452 Member
    Options
    bump
  • bettyboop573
    bettyboop573 Posts: 610 Member
    Options
    I love mine :)
  • julwills
    julwills Posts: 286 Member
    Options
    I have the Polar FT4 (not sure about the extra F at the end) and I love it. I think that's a great price. I've been using it since about February and have had no issues with it. I love it!!!
  • erickirb
    erickirb Posts: 12,293 Member
    Options
    The FT4 is great. It is similar to the FT7 but has a few less bells and whistles. At that price it is a steal, I have seen them from $60-100.

To the first responder, it is a watch one, that has the chest strap transponder.
  • bmmadden
    bmmadden Posts: 499 Member
    Options
    Thats the one Im interested in also-for those that have it is it easy to program to start using it?
  • erickirb
    erickirb Posts: 12,293 Member
    Options
    I have the Polar FT4 (not sure about the extra F at the end) and I love it. I think that's a great price. I've been using it since about February and have had no issues with it. I love it!!!

The F stands for female version the male version is the FT4M, they are both called the FT4, the female version is slightly smaller and a different colour than the male version.
  • Annieminnesota
    Annieminnesota Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    I have the FT4 and I love it. I found out the machines at the gym were telling me my calories burned were way over. I like knowing how much I'm burning, it's helped me lose more weight! And that is a great price, I paid $90 for mine!
  • Riebop
    Riebop Posts: 275
    Options
    I have the FT4 as well. That's a great price. I think I spent around $70 for mine last year.
    Thats the one Im interested in also-for those that have it is it easy to program to start using it?

It is very easy to program. Only takes a few minutes.
  • amber_hanners
    amber_hanners Posts: 388 Member
    Options
    yes get t thats a great price and i absolutely love my FT4
  • julwills
    julwills Posts: 286 Member
    Options
    It's very easy to set up. You're ready to go within minutes. I definitely recommend having a chest strap. Mine doesn't bother me at all while I'm working out since it's fabric and pretty breathable. If it's only $56.29 buy it now!! I think I paid about $80 for mine!
  • dad106
    dad106 Posts: 4,868 Member
    Options
    The FT4 is a good monitor.. a lot of people here love it.

Yes you do need the chest strap. If you don't have it then the watch won't work.. and if its a watch only kind, then you won't get an accurate calorie burn/heart rate reading without a strap.
  • HisBeloved65
    HisBeloved65 Posts: 186
    Options
    awesome, thanks everyone! I will order it on Friday.