What do you eat for breakfast and lunch?

Options
2»

Replies

• laceyslabaugh
    laceyslabaugh Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    I eat a piece of toast, hard boiled egg and 2 pieces of turkey bacon. I just eliminated caffeine from my diet and only drink water (and occasionally beer - lol). Lunch I do 1/2 pita with either chicken salad or sautéed shrimp, peppers, onions and mushrooms and grapes or a banana. I'm on 1200/cal day.
  • rainbow198
    rainbow198 Posts: 2,245 Member
    edited February 2017
    Options
    I don't eat until later in the morning, but I almost always start with one or two servings of fruit.

Then I would have either a protein smoothie (chocolate/banana/peanut butter/spinach is my fav) or a boiled egg or 2 with toast or hashbrowns, rye toast with avocado and a boiled egg on top, a homemade waffle, steel cut oatmeal, a veggie omelette or a "healthy" cereal full of protein and fiber.

My lunches are all over the place. Sometimes I would eat another "breakfast" type meal (I love breakfast foods!), make a soup and a sandwich, or have leftovers from dinner.

Other times I would skip lunch and have either a bigger breakfast or dinner depending on my hunger levels for the day.

I only eat 2 - 3 times a day, so I plan ahead to make sure that I'm getting enough protein, fat, carbs, fiber, fruits and veggies at each meal.

It took me a lot of time to figure out what works for me. I hope you find what works for you soon!
  • belgerian
    belgerian Posts: 1,059 Member
    Options
    I dont eat till around 10am but its pretty consistent i eat steel cut oats and fage plain 2 percent. Carbs and protein and it stays with me.
  • cloverdaisy
    cloverdaisy Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    Breakfast I try to avoid too much carbs as high carbs give me cravings for more. I make omelette with ground lean meet (beef or turkey), bell pepper, mushroom, 2 whole eggs & 2 egg whites. It's made the night before so I can grab & go in the morning. Just heat it up in the microwave when I get to the office.

I divide my lunch into 2 parts. Each has a portion of protein (lean beef, salmon, chicken breast or ground turkey), a portion of complex carbs (sweet potato, brown rice or quinoa) and some sort of raw veggie.

I eat my breakfast at 8:30 ish, 1st lunch at 11:30am & 2nd 2:30pm. This arrangement has been working really well for me for the past 3 weeks. I'm not starving before meals anymore and thus not overeating & regretting like I used to ALL THE TIME!!!

• natruallycurious
    natruallycurious Posts: 359 Member
    Options
    I've been making smoothies in the morning that I have really been enjoying and have been noticing more energy with. Here is the recipe:

Two handfulls of kale
    2 oz of aloe vera juice
    1 tbsp of superseed blend (it is a blend of chia, flax, and hemp seeds. I found it at Viatmin Shoppe)
    1 full banana
    1 handful of strawberries
    1 scoop of protein powder (I use a vegan protein powder that doesn't add too many calories and is all natural)
    1 scoop of collagen powder (Could skip this if wanted, it is just for hair, skin, and nails)
    Water until almost the max fill line

I use a nutri bullet, so this is a single serving.

Also, just a tip for salads. Something I've been trying instead of using a full 2oz: try dipping the tip of your fork in the dressing and then grab your bite of salad. You still get the flavor of the dressing, but you would be surprised how little dressing is consumed this way! Ranch is my weakness, so I have to do this to avoid letting it make up my entire calorie allowance for the day haha. But really, I wouldn't be surprised if you used even less than the 2oz this way!
  • Shull_rachael
    Shull_rachael Posts: 430 Member
    Options
    Are usually just grab a protein bar or shake for lunch and breakfast. I do a snack around 10 AM I just carry a cheese stick with me. My favorite protein bar is the Powerbar peanut butter caramel. They have 12 g of protein but they also have 12 g of sugar.
  • Chunkahlunkah
    Chunkahlunkah Posts: 373 Member
    Options
    One of my go-to breakfasts for giving me a sustained energy boost is oatmeal topped with 1-2 fried eggs. I put a little milk, butter, and salt in the oatmeal.
  • jordan_bowden
    jordan_bowden Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    A few fresh dates for breakfast and yummy banana ice cream for lunch!
    No better kick for the day than lots of natural sugars and cabs!!