Fitbit steps but not excercise tracked

Options
Hi all!

I noticed that when my Fitbit syncs with MFP it's only taking into account my steps and not my exercise. For example yesterday I did a beachbodh workout and burned 310 calories according to my Fitbit but MFP is only showing steps under my exercise, and not the workout I did.

Should I manually add my workout? Today I have not worked out yet and mfp is giving me the same amount of calories based on steps alone, so something seems off.

Replies

• kimny72
    kimny72 Posts: 16,013 Member
    Options
    deeanah wrote: »
    Hi all!

I noticed that when my Fitbit syncs with MFP it's only taking into account my steps and not my exercise. For example yesterday I did a beachbodh workout and burned 310 calories according to my Fitbit but MFP is only showing steps under my exercise, and not the workout I did.

Should I manually add my workout? Today I have not worked out yet and mfp is giving me the same amount of calories based on steps alone, so something seems off.

I have an Alta, and I've found unless I'm doing steady-state cardio, it doesn't auto-log it as a workout. So I always check Fitbit right after I work out and if it didn't pick it up I log it manually. That way it is included in the calorie adjustment the next time it syncs.
  • deeanah
    deeanah Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Gotcha. I'm not sure that I can add exercise manually to Fitbit, although I do start the exercise timer during my workout so that it knows to track it. But that's not being picked up on MFP.
    I can always add it manually straight to MFP just do t want to be double counting somehow
  • Butts_Boys_and_Burgers_ohmy
    Options
    I have a Fitbit Charge 2. I don't eat back exercise calories, so I just let the Fitbit sync and log from steps. I do start my Fitbit when I'm working out, but I don't know how accurately it tracks my calories for said workout. I enter my workouts on MFP as a status and not as a workout, example "Burned 1 calories doing 45 minutes of upper body" but that is only so I can keep track.
  • hannys
    hannys Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    I have a Fitbit Charge 2. I don't eat back exercise calories, so I just let the Fitbit sync and log from steps. I do start my Fitbit when I'm working out, but I don't know how accurately it tracks my calories for said workout. I enter my workouts on MFP as a status and not as a workout, example "Burned 1 calories doing 45 minutes of upper body" but that is only so I can keep track.

I do the same
  • deeanah
    deeanah Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Not eating back calories has never worked for me for some reason. When I don't eat enough it really stalls my weight loss. Maybe too many years of restricting myself to 1,000 calories a day really screwed me up