I have hit a plateau

Options
I lost 20lbs with weight watchers a year ago. For the last couple of months some of the weight has been creeping back up and now I can't seem to lose anything! I have upped my excercise and watch what I eat very carefully. Could I have reached my maxiumum weigh loss potential?

Replies

• voluptas63
    voluptas63 Posts: 602 Member
    Options
    How long have you been attempting to lose and been stuck?
  • erickirb
    erickirb Posts: 12,293 Member
    Options
    I lost 20lbs with weight watchers a year ago. For the last couple of months some of the weight has been creeping back up and now I can't seem to lose anything! I have upped my excercise and watch what I eat very carefully. Could I have reached my maxiumum weigh loss potential?

It looks like you only have 5 lbs to go. I would suggest changing your goal to 0.5lbs/week and make sure you are eating at least most of your exercise calories back. The less you have to lose the smaller your caloric deficit should be. This minimizes the amount of muscle you lose while losing fat.
  • bethwis
    bethwis Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I have been stuck for about 3 months. My weight had been pretty consistent at 138 and then jumped to 143. Now it hovers between 140 and 143. I just want to be under 140, preferrable around 135. I am 48 and am wondering if my age has something to do with it as well. I run about 3 to 5 miles 4 times a week with the hopes of kicking my metabalism up.
  • voluptas63
    voluptas63 Posts: 602 Member
    Options
    Age could definitely have something to do with it:(
  • melsinct
    melsinct Posts: 3,512 Member
    Options
    It looks like you only have 5 lbs to go. I would suggest changing your goal to 0.5lbs/week and make sure you are eating at least most of your exercise calories back. The less you have to lose the smaller your caloric deficit should be. This minimizes the amount of muscle you lose while losing fat.

I agree completely. No one loses quickly at the end.