Foods You Wish They Would Bring Back?

Options

Replies

• murph155
    murph155 Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    Here's an oldie but goodie - Golden Circle bread. It was made by Tastee, it was round (!) and MUCH better than wonder bread. I live in the Northeast USA and the company was based in New Jersey, so I''m not sure if it was a regional thing or not. Mason Reese, that kid who looked like a Munchkin and talked funny, used to do their commercials. Yeah, I'm old! LOL!
  • comptonelizabeth
    comptonelizabeth Posts: 1,701 Member
    Options
    Philedelphia cream cheese before they messed around with the recipe and made it all sloppy and yuk.
  • try2again
    try2again Posts: 3,562 Member
    Options
    Noel_57 wrote: »
    try2again wrote: »
    Dumb thread planted a bug in my brain and now I have to know:
    What was the name of the candy bars they had in the 90s that were chocolate wafer crisps covered in chocolate but were marketed as a lower cal alternative? Green package? Arghhh...
    Probably Hershey's Sweet Escapes.

Yes, thank you! Now I can sleep tonight ;) I thought maybe I was confusing it with Bar None, but I distinctly remembered the "healthy" angle. Of course, there wasn't much of a calorie savings if you ate the whole bag! :( They should bring those back- I bet they'd go over really well in today's market.
  • spiritlevel9
    spiritlevel9 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    Fry's 5 centre chocolate cream
  • benjaminhk
    benjaminhk Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    McDonald's Arch Deluxe.
  • junodog1
    junodog1 Posts: 4,792 Member
    Options
    my husband used to love Swiss Rolls. He has contacted the company a few times but they tell him they are never coming back.

Little Debbie still makes Swiss Cake Rolls.

https://www.littledebbie.com/101.33/Swiss-Rolls

• Bchlvr64
    Bchlvr64 Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    Taco Bell's bell beefer sandwich. I lived on those when I worked there as a teenager in the late 70's, early 80's. I haven't found anyone who even remembers them.
  • MrsDan1667
    MrsDan1667 Posts: 76 Member
    edited February 2017
    Options
    Nature Valley had a specific flavor of granola bars that I haven't been able to find in 3 years: Roasted Almond

Also, Philedelphia cream cheese bars from the early 2000s
  • wendsg
    wendsg Posts: 667 Member
    Options
    The Wendy's 5-alarm baconator. (little remorseful sob that it didn't stick)
  • JenHuedy
    JenHuedy Posts: 611 Member
    Options
    Purplesaurus Rex Kool aid.

Mixing Grape & Lemonade just isn't the same.
  • whirlyruns
    whirlyruns Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I miss this candy. It wasn't around very long.1lryuuxyb9yz.jpg
  • VlpW
    VlpW Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    Morton frozen mini cinnamon sugar doughnuts; Sara Lee frozen cheese danish; Fruit Float; Screaming Yellow Zonkers...
  • CharlieBeansmomTracey
    CharlieBeansmomTracey Posts: 7,682 Member
    Options
    Crystal Pepsi!! :'( Locally I'd like it if my grocery store would stock the *good* Hungry Man dinners again. Soft tacos and cheese fries, beer batter chicken and cheese fries... Last I checked they were still on the HM website, but somebody here must hate them or something...

crystal pepsi did come back, they sell it at my local dollar general store
  • CharlieBeansmomTracey
    Options
    almond mars bars and before someone from the UK says that snickers almond replaced it,no lol they are not even the same thing not even close.
  • CharlieBeansmomTracey
    Options
    Chloe0602 wrote: »
    Jell-O Pudding Pops!

they have in walmart a pudding pop maker kit. not sure if you have a walmart close or not
  • CharlieBeansmomTracey
    Options
    Surge!

you can still buy surge on amazon